Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for fast kid and slow dad....?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking out for a late bargain for April 2nd so that Jon and I can get another session in this season. Last year we got to go to Les Arcs which was great. We would prefer chalet so we don't just have each other's company and we never get out much anyway. Bev can't come because its the end of the financial year and she works all the time then.

The problem is that Jon is getting far too good for me. After I've picked my way down a mogully slope at the limit of what I can do, he is on chapter 17 of the book he has taken with him to read while he waits for me. He finds most pisted runs easy while I still feel brave for taking on the darker reds.

I need to set him a challenge without crippling myself. I also need suggestions for a resort. I've been investigating "hard" resorts and come up with Verbier and St Anton so far. He jumped at the idea of having some off-piste training like they do at Piste to Powder. Would they take an unaccompanied 15 year old on this? (No way I am fit enough!) Any snowHeads got any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No ideas I'm afraid, but I'll read the answers with interest. My 10 year old kids are almost as fast as me (OK, I'll come clean, on nasty icy bumps and off the piste my son is faster - I think it's confidence), and I'm not going to get any faster (probably the reverse). I'm hoping that they can go on school ski hols soon, which will presumably allow them to ski with similar standard kids.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a cliche, but Val d'Isere? Plenty of challenging on and off piste in Espace Killy. Plenty of guides loitering around as well, and you can usually find other skiers of all levels to ski with.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any opinions on Chamonix, anybody?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, get him a Ski Club of GB membership (bug all for kids), go to a resort wot has Ski Club reps (Val D, for one), and then get child along to rep on one of the rep's "hard" days. Reps aren't instructors, so they can't take responsibility for your child as per an instructor, but they do take good care of whoever skis with them, and and given your son's skill level I should think he would be ok so long as he sticks with the group and within his ability. You'd have to check with the club and the rep in question as to whether they will take your son unacompanied, although certainly they'd have no objection if you are present. The Club does under20 holidays for speedy unacompanied teenagers too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, Alternative is a chalet that does ski hosting etc. We went out with one young man who had 5 fast kids stuck to his butt all day and did very jump and off piste short cut with them. The adults could follow or cruise the piste and stick to the easy bits. Fabulous days
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some ski host 'services' offered by TO's will not take children, irrespective of ability and the parent being with them as well. This is one reason I have stopped going on Mark Warner holidays as I had a row/debate about this with their head ski host in Val d'Isere two years ago. They claimed they were not insured to have children under 12 years old in a hosting group. Cows Muck IMHO!!

However Ski Olympic in La Rosiere do not have such restrictions and use the common sense approach.

Are their any other TO's folks know that will host competent child skiers with parents along of course!!

CP
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CP, People may be getting bored with this fact, but Silver Ski worked big style for us. Richard in Chalet Jasmine had 5 in tow between 6-10 yr old. The agreement is that we look after the kids and ourselves he will show us around the resort but we can leave whenever we like. In reality it works very well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CP, we don't place any restrictions on age for our ski hosting, only requirement guests must be competent on blues and reds.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CP, we skied with the TO guide in La Rosiere with our kids, but weren't able to in Lea Arcs the following year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, val d'Isère ski schools, like Evolution2 or SnowFun offer freeride classes for teenagers that should be fine. I think "teen extreme" Evolution 2 sessions start at 12 years old, maybe your son will find his team mates too young... But it's a good school worth checking.
http://www.evolution2.com/val/DefaultGB.htm
http://www.valfun.com/offpiste.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
philippeR, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How about Ski Miquel in Monetier les Bains [Serre Chevalier], lovely big chalet in the centre of the village and a short walk to the pistes; and they take you skiing everyday, right across the valley. www.miquelhols.co.uk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy