Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRANSFERS INNSBRUCK TO ST ANTON

Poster: A snowHead
Any snowHead reccomendations for a party of 11?
Companies,Taxi firms,Shuttle Buses.
All welcome.
Is there are train option to StAnton?
Not been to Austria for 20 years but the Swiss rail system worked a treat over new yr so I may consider it as an option but would prefer door to door.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hedley, See http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp
Direct train service from Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof to St Anton am Arlberg shown as 20.10 Euros 2nd class single. From Innsbruck Airport Bus Line F runs every 10-15mins to Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof, fare 1.70 Euros. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
for a party of 10 to saalbach it was cheaper for us to hire 3 cars than a taxi transfer....so sorry no recommendations
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have used Taxi Harry before and they were fine 200euro for a minibus each way though
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you phone the 2 St Anton local taxi firms they can give you a quote:

Harry Taxi - +43 5446 2315
Lami Taxi - +43 5446 2806

They both use VW type mini buses that take 8 passengers but will take fewer passengers with all of their luggage.

If you travel to St Anton by train you will probably still need a local taxi to your accommodation, the station is no longer in the middle of the town.

Here's the link to the St Anton official website with travel options:-

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/st-anton/informationen/travel-getting-here-2.html
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know, depends on your attitude to trains. But I reckon I'd get the train, it might not be slap bang in the middle but it is pretty central. It's what I'd do. Clean, fast, not expensive... Good for environment and generally just a nice way to travel. So train. Yes. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hedley, dont use the local guys - more expensive. try www.innsbruck-taxi.com or get the train. Both dead easy but transfer better IMO
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the train is easy and a 5 minute shuttle bus ride from the airport and stops in the middle of St Anton, about 20 Euros or so one way and you can walk around, have a beer, great views all the way there, much better than being squeezed in a mini bus and getting stuck in traffic imv.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, Agree, except if you're talking about the Line F bus that goes from Innsbruck airport to the Hauptbahnhof I think it's more like a 15 minute ride.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink, probably, maybe I am confused with the taxi I took as well, but the train station is really close
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the input everyone.
I think i will go down the transfer route as getting 11 fortysomethings on a bus,train, then taxi/walk to hotel seems like a ballache to me.
I will look around but there doesnt seem to be as many players in the transfer market as you get out of Geneva?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hedley, Try Four Seasons Travel http://www.tirol-taxi.at/airporttransfer/
They're usually reliable and reasonably priced.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Seems to come in around £52 a head for a return private transfer ,which is good value even compared to the train IMO.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi,

you can use the online booking form on www.holiday-taxi.at

The price for 1-8 person is the same with an minibus.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Train for sure. Traffic can be heavy at peak times or when the skies are dumping. Sail through it on the train with a local beer.
latest report
Train......book via oebb website, best prices 90 days before travel date, 2 for 1 Gutschein deals on Railjet, super fast clean trains with free wifi. Book outbound and return separate both 90 days before journey.
snow report
For a group of 11, train is ridiculous. With 11 persons, taxi will not be much more expensive than train. And,
-Innsbruck airport has no trainstation, so an extra shuttlebus is needed
-trains in the Alps are not as regular, sometimes you'll have to wait for up to 2 hours for the next train
-Road Innsbruck-Arlberg is never busy. Not even on saturday-morning (our normal time to use it)

As mentioned, book with a Innsbruck based company, much cheaper than Arlberg-based taxis.
We are using Taxi Airport Transfer Tirol for some years now. Excellent.
snow report
@hedley, @Langerzug, makes a good point, you can probably get 2 x taxis for a big group, should get 6 in each, try these

http://www.derantoner.at/

or Taxi Harry or Sepponi
snow report
2010 thread hijacked Very Happy
snow conditions
by spam. But some useful up to date information has been added.
ski holidays
Orient Express?
ski holidays
Resurrecting this one... has anyone recently used Railjet to transfer between Innsbruck and St Anton? Seems pretty cheap (about £20 each way including a reserved seat) so was considering giving it a go...
latest report
We use the Railjet in the other direction, ZRH to StA. Easy, comfortable, interesting scenery to look at, and reasonably priced.
snow conditions
@ratechaser, It is very easy, shuttle to Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof from the airport then train. The station in St Anton is in the centre of the village. Always taxis waiting if you need one or Postbus for Lech. It is best to book seats as the trains get busy.
latest report
@ratechaser, not between Innsbruck and St Anton, but in Austria generally, yes.

Bus from the airport to the hauptbahnhof is easy, and then on to the train you need.

Download the ÖBB app and you can buy all your tickets etc on there no faff.
snow report
@swskier, can you buy the through-ticket including the bus on the ÖBB app?
ski holidays
@Scarlet, yes:

snow report
@swskier, Good to know. It doesn't seem to matter which app you have, in that case.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did the train last week. Rammed in both directions, so reserving a seat is important. I actually had to turf someone out of my seat on the outbound...

All fine, and obviously far more economical than a car xfr for a solo traveller, but it really does add to the journey considering you have to work with timetables and build in a degree of latency for delays. Data point in that I was picked up from St Anton at 8.30am to go to the station. I got through the door at home (about 40 miles from Heathrow) around 6pm. And that's with an extra hour for the time difference. Maybe I'm more cautious than some...
snow report
Hi all, I'm travelling from Innsbruck to St Anton tomorrow afternoon around 17:30 and have downloaded the OBB train App from which I can purchase the tickets which all looks pretty straightforward. My problem/question is that it looks like you have to choose a specific time of train for both outbound and inbound train which is difficult to do for the outbound train as obviously it depends on whether my flight is on time, my luggage comes through quickly (should do as Innsbruck is tiny) and we have a quick taxi ride to the train station from the airport, but what happens if I book one time and end up being later for whatever reason? Do I lose that ticket? Does anyone have experience of this or advice? Thank you!
latest report
@bumble66, unless you buy the discounted Sparschiene ticket, you have freedom to travel on the selected day and the one after.

The Sparschiene is limited to a specific train/date/time. It cannot be refunded or changed.
snow report
Thanks, that's really useful - were you able to buy an open ticket or did you have to buy one for a specific time? Just not sure what happens if you run late, is your ticket then totally invalid I wonder?
latest report
@bumble66, just buy it tomorrow when you arrive and have collected your bags, it will be the same price tomorrow as it is today.
snow report
@bumble66, buy the ticket while you're in the taxi. The price is the same. Note that there is a direct train and a train/bus connection – the direct train is much faster. Check the times in advance, as you may have time to get the bus from the airport to the Hauptbahnhof (10 min) which, if you book a through-ticket from the airport, will cost you nothing extra.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy