Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Ski Bag Weight Limit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When you could carry your skis with Easyjet for free they had a 10kg limit per ski bag.

The following is cut'n'pasted from their web site now that they charge for ski carriage:

Sporting equipment

Each passenger is allowed a maximum hold baggage weight of 50 kilos including any sports equipment, subject to available space. As items of sporting equipment are inherently unsuitable for carriage by airlines, easyJet is prepared to carry such items on a ‘limited release’ (i.e. entirely ‘at your own risk’ for damage or delay) basis. You may therefore wish to ensure that you have suitable private insurance cover in force for such items. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kilos. Freight or cargo items cannot be accepted as passenger baggage.

Bicycles, golf equipment, and skis

An additional fee is charged per flight for the carriage of bicycles, golf equipment, and skis.

Currency Per flight
GBP 10.00

I take it from the above that the 10kg limit no longer implies - in fact it's now 30kg assuming that you also have a normal 20kg bag.

Therefore two passengers can put their skis into a double bag & save £20 for a return journey.

Have I got this right?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spyderjon,I understand your suspicion,doesn't seem quite right somehow Confused However,its there in black & white so...........

Does this also mean you could get away with two 25kg suitcases per person? Does it mean that if you 'disguise' your ski's(mate of mine sells a nice 'hard shell' case for fishing rod transport,clearly marked CAUTION-FISHING RODS)they go free?Will they invoke the 'available space' clause?Will anyone get it right Confused

Sounds like the usual confused picture nearly all in the travel industry revel in Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When did Easyjet start charging for skis, I went in Jan and they did not then?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chrisb, the charge crept onto their website unannouced a couple of weeks ago. They were a bit fuuny when we checked in at Newcastle as they made us check the boots in at the oversized baggage desk!!! Aslo 1 ski bag and 2 pairs of boots were over their 10 kilo per person allowance. But they didn't charge us excess baggage, as our normal luggage was well under 20KG. Hubby said what if ski boots were in suitcase, and they said they wiuldnt have charged anyway as they wouldn't have known they were there . I'm going to get a holdall with a pocket in either end for boots. Also, there appears to be no charge for snowboards or surf boards!!! My skis are only 150cm, maybe I should by a snowboard bag!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowskisnow, sorry no, as they state elsewhere that your main 'free' piece of hold luggage has a max limit of 20kg, after which they make an excess charge per kilo over.

Looking on the bright side, a 30kg ski bag limit (as opposed to old 10kg) means that you can fill up your ski bag with anything else you want to take with you. It's also great for people who want to take 2 pairs of skis, ie WTFH with his on-pisters & fats.

Helen Beaumont, I've got a Two Seasons holdall with a boot section at each end, a solid base, retractable handle & wheels (S&R also do one the same). Cost about £70 & done five trips now. It's been great with no extra/awkward boot bag to carry in addition to my skis. At 140/150 litres I'm just up to 20kg with the main compartment of the holdall only 80% full. With some clothing wrapped around the boots & them packed buckles inwards it also offers far better protection to my lovely orange boots than a conventional boot bag.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You guys must be carrying lead while go skiing. I have never heard of a need for a person to carry 50kg luggage onto a plane for skiing.

Before we had this mad cow desease business I used to carry frozen chicken, duck and red wine (Norwegian chicken are very small, duck is scare and red wine is expensive) to my brother in Norway when going skiing with him. All these could be accommodated with the boots and the skies within the allocated 30kg per person.

People only carry everything including the kitchen sink if they decide not to return back to their own country but that is called emigrating!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, I wondered when I fly to Geneva from NCL on 26th March what the response will be? The flight was booked in September last year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chrisb,look here http://snowheads.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5606
Copy off the letter posted by Preston Pete and take it with you;sorted snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy