Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pet hates?

Poster: A snowHead
Package tours and everything associated with them.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tessaventer, Oh yes, being organised, herded like cattle, encouraged to partake in inane activities, fed set menus, aaaargh!!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Add to that waiting for hours at airports for other peoples luggage, other planes to arrive to connect with your coach to resort, long transfers with no food, being taken hours too early to the airport for the return journey so that the coach can connect with the inbound flight, no legroom on the aircraft, Lyon airport... in fact any airport on a charter flight... I could go on for hours!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
not a skiing one - but people who park in cycle lanes ...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One from yesterday people who enter a crossroad junction with traffic lights without the way ahead being clear, do none of these people read their highway code ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gerbils - dreadful pets and I hate 'em Exclamation
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, He could have been French, that's compulsory over here. Using indicators under any circumstances whatsoever is also highly frowned upon, as is parking on pavement leaving sufficient space for pedestrians to squeeze through. You also get brownie points for parking on zebra crossings, and macho points for driving with one bare arm hanging out of the window.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nope she was definatly British, had what looked to be her daughter in the car who looked more embaressed than the driver, I know because I had to sit at the lights for two changes waiting for something to occur to her, in the end she actually reversed and went a different route, so at least she did something Razz
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I remember waiting to drive off from near to that excellent (and entirely above board) sauna in Golders Green, while a pink-haired lady of uncertain age in a Roller attempted a straightforward left turn at a crossroads. She underturned first time, backed up, tried again, backed up..... spectators built up, open-mouthed amazement. It lasted a good ten minutes, no one so much as honked a horn it was so entertaining....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snobs.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marc gledhill, Come again?? Question
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry PG, I was posting "On Topic". I know I shouldn't and it won't happen again. Sad

Probably ever actually.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah, with you. Thought you were referring to the inhabitants of Golders Green!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I thought he might have been refering to some committee or other Wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mark Hunter wrote:

Gerbils - dreadful pets and I hate 'em

Laughing Laughing
Mark Hunter, no one else has commented, but you made me laugh
snow report
Flat bits

Unpredictable sliders

Flat bits

getting there - but it is always better than the journey home

Flat bits

the end of the day

Flat bits

moguls - one bumps nice more than one just hurts

Flat Bits

People blocking paths, pistes or stopping just at the brow of a hill or exit of a chair lift

oh and did I mention flat bits
ski holidays
ashton parker, you must be either a boarder or a snowblader?! We skiers have no problem with 'flat bits'!
snow report
boarder of course, Although I can't believe many skiers like flat bits either. At best they are boring and if it is flat and narrow then they can be dangerous as well. The only good place for a flat bit is getting on and off a chair lift.
ski holidays
Nah, only wimps would say that, a good flat stretch, even slightly uphill, can be taken at speed by a reasonable skier!
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
Mark Hunter wrote:

Gerbils - dreadful pets and I hate 'em

Laughing Laughing
Mark Hunter, no one else has commented, but you made me laugh

Thanks Jon, you've been a wonderful audience Wink Laughing
snow conditions
I'm a skier and I hate flat bits too.
(Remember Ours down to Mottaret?)

What I really hate most is the last ski of the holiday. Handing in your hire skis means it's really over.
snow report
Chris Bish, I'm with you Chris - not the flat bits bit - but the last day of the holiday, and why is it that you go and get so seriously wrecked the night before, that you can't even ski properly on the last day anyway !! snowHead
ski holidays
The last ski run of the holiday, oh and going down to Lauterbrunen from Wengen when I'm on my way home Crying or Very sad
latest report
Agree with everyone on the last day bit - and the early transfers! No more charters here!
snow report
Jester or in fact any "Wacky" hats.
snow report
No-one has mentioned revolting one piece suits yet - maybe "object of ridicule" rather than "pet hate"

BTW my pet hates the fact that I have a wooden floor in the living room & she skids around on it like Bambi on ice Wink
latest report
Lucie Axford wrote:

BTW my pet hates the fact that I have a wooden floor in the living room & she skids around on it like Bambi on ice Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Lucie Axford, love it! - we've a close to 100kg mastiff that is trying to adapt to a slippery tiled floor in our new house, paws tend to slide out in all directions....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Millie is a bit lighter than that - she's only a rabbit!
In the old (carpet) days she used to like jumping up into an armchair to watch TV (Casualty is her favourite) & the first time she tried it from the wooden floor she ended up doing a somersault & head-butting the chair. I know it's cruel, but we laughed. lots. I don't think she's forgiven us yet Smile
latest report
Lucie Axford, hope she doesn't turn into a (ski) bunny boiler for your sake Laughing
snow conditions
Mark Hunter,

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy