Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pet hates?

Poster: A snowHead
Ouch! Shocked

That's probably a big argument for wearing helmet. Wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anybody who is skiing when I'm not !!!! Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Those groups of people in lift queues who always, and I mean ALWAYS, make very good forward progress until they see me behind them, then start a huge conversation and disregard the fact that the queue is moving again.

They wait until I move behind another group, in league with the first and who immediately start a large conversation and feign ignorance of queue dynamics, before making a concerted push to the front.

Is it just me?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rabbits and Guinea pigs, they just smell and bite you when cuddled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peanuts. Oh yeah, that is because if i ate them they would kill me! Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Non-skiing girlfriends. Then the process of teaching them. At least you know if you can tolerate each other after spending a week (or more!) skiing backwards trying to coax said young lady down a green/ blue. She's quite good now so at least it was worth it!!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
markP wrote:
Grass in the middle of the slopes.
telford_mike, I do that! I've had poles stolen before and that sure can ruin a day on the slopes.

Aha so It's you is it Mark? NehNeh In future please ski in a resort where theft is not habitual, or extend your logic a little and take your skis in too! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
steveb wrote:
Waiting at the airport carosel, wondering if my luggage made it.

Watching my battered broken boots trundling round the carousel at Lyon.....actually just Lyon airport in general!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very early morning transfers to sit for hours in an over-crowded airport waiting to go home. The main reason why I started going DIY.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My pet skiing hate - my own skiing. My lack of confidence! Wish I was somebody else....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Inconsiderate guests who expect chalet staff to be their personal servants.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Generally,

Any sort of litter
Chewing gum on pavements
Other peoples' children

But I don't mind gerbils, it's the hamsters you have to watch.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latest pet hate - That poma furthest on the right at the Lecht, was up there yesterday with the family and it scared the wotsit out of my daughter. Launches you into the air at the start (about 4ft in her case) and then just when you realise that you're OK, it does it again!!
BTW still plenty of snow there.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skanky wrote:
Yes that was his fault that time, and pretty stupid.

She couldn't believe it was a blue - it was the first time I'd been down it too, and I had to keep showing her the piste map.

In that case then it was your fault that time Very Happy

It's an easy mistake though, I once failed an assessment as a climbing instructor for a similar error. I took the assessor on a route where the low grade didn't quite account for the difficulty of the route. We had no difficulty but it was pretty obvious had I been leading a party we'd have had some fun and it was rightly pointed out as I knew the area to have picked a line I'd never done before was foolish. Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DAVID F, Oh yes - I remember that one well! Great fun watching the darksiders try to use it. Even funnier (NOT) was when a messy accident at the bottom caused the liftie to stop it for what seemed like half an hour. A number of people who were too afraid to ski off just sat there (well, stood there) clutching their button for dear life for over twenty minutes!!

How far is the Lecht from you?
snow report
DAVID F wrote:
Latest pet hate - That poma furthest on the right at the Lecht, was up there yesterday with the family and it scared the wotsit out of my daughter. Launches you into the air at the start (about 4ft in her case) and then just when you realise that you're OK, it does it again!!
BTW still plenty of snow there.

I nearly posted a new topic about this Very Happy My question is whether Poma's always give three bounces and, if so, why ? I was noticing over the weekend all the Pomas bounced three times and started to wonder if they all did, I seem to recall a lot do.
ski holidays
I think a group of ski school kids may have a new pet hate after this week. Just heard back from a friend (of a friend) who's out in Val d'Isere on a lad's holiday. Having a bit of a wild time... too much to drink one night... desperate to get the first lift the following morning... ok, make that the 10am lift in the morning... which one of the party is promptly sick off... all over a ski school standing under the chairlift!

Fortunately they were kids, who were all wearing helmets - otherwise they'd have had very smelly hair!
latest report
People on chairlifts who manage to somehow kick a ski off just as you are skiing underneath.
Some joker did this in Breckenridge last week (don't ask me how) and if it had hit anyone it would have caused some serious damage.
ski holidays
Generally being shown up by the Brits abroad - and I'm not talking about the young lager crowd here. In a 4* hotel in the Pitztal (Austria) a couple of years back, the hotel had been taken over by a well-known English ski racing/leisure club - which shall remain nameless. Kids with their parents and some trainers, pots of money mostly. The Austrian management were already pretty disgusted with their general raucous behaviour when one night a guy who'd had three too many feels a bit peckish around 2 am, goes down to the empty hotel kitchen, and starts cooking himself bacon and eggs. Only a Brit would have the gall to do that. Then one of the kids is caught charging around the corridors with a lighter and an aerosol. We were that close to getting kicked out...
snow report
Somehow I've got a really horrid feeling I know which club he's talking about, if so I know of another location this year that's had problems, with the racing side anyway
snow conditions
D G Orf, DOH! (almost) Wink Just realised you're a Wengen regular. It's a shame, but just occasionally the phrase "more money than sense" is an apt description for certain Brits who ought to know better...
ski holidays
Taking a pair of skis in the face when some - coincidently female - idiot has put them over their shoulder, got to the gondola queue and decided to turn around for a chat. I lost a tooth in that encounter!
latest report
PG wrote:
D G Orf, DOH! (almost) Wink Just realised you're a Wengen regular. It's a shame, but just occasionally the phrase "more money than sense" is an apt description for certain Brits who ought to know better...

And some stations are full of them, I heard a pair of them (presumably charimen of a couple of our major companies) in the lift at Lech the Xmass before last, one was complaining he couldn't sleep in the hotel as it was too cold, he'd had the window open as he couldn't sleep with it closed which seemed curious logic any time but it'd been -20'c outside which might have explained the cold Very Happy
snow report
What about the Brit in Provence who went round to the our local Town Hall to complain that the cicadas were keeping him awake all night, that it was a disgrace, and that the Mayor had to do something about it. He went on to demand that he call in an exterminator. The Mayor kept a straight face (not least because cicadas sleep at night, crickets were making the noise in question), then sent him on his way with some platitudes, and promptly told everyone in the region. We were a laughing stock for months afterwards.
ski holidays
The Wallys on the lower slopes at the end of the day.
ski holidays
The Poma lift - invention of the devil.
latest report
running out of ptex, I didn't realise until just now how irritating it was going to be.
snow conditions
bought some, not much sign a sale yet in the local ski shop though
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All Soaps,

except Neighbours

oh and EastEnders

well Doctors is ok,

Well of course Corrie is fine

errr well Emmerdale now and again

Home and Away's brill

Sex and the City's #1

hmmmmmmm Hollyoaks is OK

But all the rest are PANTS
snow report
Slowplough, you obviously need yet another ski hol Wink
ski holidays
Love to,

but having just had a new central-heating system put whilst in Alpe d’Huez and the price of a pint in said resort my liquidity/slush fund is little like this

>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.skicardiff.com/photos/pictures/Pic_17_6.jpg
ski holidays
DAVID F, MASOPA & ise:

Talking about that lift at the Lecht - thats the one we had a discussion about a couple of months ago over on 'the dark side'! ......... it's fondly referred to as "The Contraceptive" .... hhhmmmmm I wonder why!
snow conditions
Talking about Pet Hates .... I apologise for this one but at least it is genuine and I suffered it more than once last time away ....

My hate is:

Finally getting to THE highest point in the resort, relishing the prospect of which route to take, breathing in the clean, crisp if rather thin air .... clicking in and .... then suddenly my stomach goes, the runs are back, and I've got 20 seconds to get to a loo 2000 metres below me!!

need a new emoticon for this one perhaps!
snow report
So, eitherorI guess Exclamation
ski holidays
Pet hate: start of the first day when there's so much to carry and not enough hands: gloves, helmet, lift pass, skis, poles, goggles, glasses, backpack, and still I've forgotten something (camera or money or phone or hip-flask or whatever). So it's effing and blinding all the way back to the room to get them - hoped to be on the piste by 9am and it's nearly 10 already (@&%#!!).
latest report
People who think that they ski better that they really do and don't even realise (or perhaps care) that they are out of control.

Earlier this season I was skiing that run down to Argentiere from the Grands Montets. It was pretty quiet and I was carving railroad tracks, travelling fast in distance but losing height slowly. Some lad came shooting down skidding his turns, travelling pretty much straight down from behind me and clipped my tails. The result was a bit undignified but if he'd hit me it would have been meat wagons all round.

I found lots of people skiing that way. Shouldnt we expect a better class of skier in Argentiere?

J
latest report
now I'll add dripping ptex on the back of my hand, the candles I just bought were and odd shape and I was fumbling a little and cursing the light in out cellar which is hopeless.
ski holidays
Pet hate - that dad end up having to carry the kids skis as well a my own Crying or Very sad . Even more annoying is the fact that if I complain about it and make them carry their own I'm the one who will suffering by losing valuable slope time Exclamation

The joy's of skiing with kids !
latest report
My kids aren't kids anymore, and they still moan about carrying their skis, their excuse now is that mine are smaller and lighter than theirs. However, I told them this year that I wasn't carrying any but my own, nor was their father and if they moaned, they would be staying at home next ski trip. Not a word was said.
ski holidays
My Pet hates:

Knowing what to take with you every morning - glasses? goggles? both?? hat? headband? Camera - which invariably gets left in a pocket all day & forgotten about

The other people in your hotel/chalet who say "I think I'll tackle that red/black etc tomorrow" so you agree to ski with them & they snowplough all the way down. Last week we started out with a group of 10 (9 blokes & me the only girl), which rapidly dropped to 6 after the first run (green) & then down to 4 after the next run. The remaining 4 of us skied together all week & had a tremendous time. I don't mind skiing with other people & waiting for them if they're slower than me, but don't claim you're a black run expert when you're a blue run wobbler.

Coming home Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy