Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pet hates?

Poster: A snowHead
One of mine is instructors in the fast lanes who conveniently forget about the alternate 'filter in' rule with the normal queue, don't bother telling their pupils, and the too-polite tourists who let a dozen of the instructor's angelic-looking Evil or Very Mad charges push in front of them as a result...

Any other suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This doesn't happen in Scotland. Instructors, millionaires, paupers and royalty queue as one.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The infuriating combination of half loaded lifts and long queues...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My pet hates it when we go skiing! She often tries to pack herself by getting in the suitcase..........

My pet hate is flat light. I'm so much braver when the sun is out.

I also hate walking with skis on. I'm just too old for that sort of exertion.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
People who are happy to leave their skis outside the restaurant/bar but insist on bringing their poles in with them. Why do they do that?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Busy, over crowded pistes and suvival of the fittest lift queues.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, Surely there's a slow lane for the English Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The sound of base against rock...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AB Ski, I couldn't have put it better myself!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Davis Steven, yes- think that must be the worst, just thinking about the sound that my edges make when they make contact with rock makes me cringe.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would-be Herminators in the blue/green approaches to resort. Groups of near-beginners that are stuck, sliding uncontrollably, falling over, generally blocking the way down narrow reds and blacks they should never have gone near.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chair lifts that stop a lot.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In addition to the suggestions already listed:

1) Fag ends in the snow
2) The scrums for the gondola
3) Pomas that try to lift you into the air (well, pomas in general, to be honest)
4) Anyone who is unnecessarily loud on the slopes (mobile phones / screaming to mates etc.)
5) The return flight back Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
B****y T-Bars! I HATE them. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Heavy rain at 3000m this last January of all months. A real downer.
snow report
People who insist on stopping in the middle of the piste, especially in big groups. And it's not only darksiders who are guilty.
ski holidays
And anything who litters the mountain; especially discarded water bottles - dangerous as well as unsightly.
latest report
Red Dave, related to your last post, in late April as the snow starts to disappear off-piste lower down, the sight from the chairlift of a trail of rubbish underneath as you're on your way up...
snow report
Arrogant rich-kid types, and drunks, in lift queues.
snow report
On the subject of drunks (etc)... completely insensitive and moronic drunks shouting and screaming in the street outside poorly sound-insulated buildings full of families with kids trying to sleep. People who stomp through the corridors of your hotel at 3 in the morning talking at the tops of their voices.
ski holidays
Grass in the middle of the slopes.
telford_mike, I do that! I've had poles stolen before and that sure can ruin a day on the slopes.
snow conditions
People who pick up their skis and swing them over their shoulder without looking who's behind!
latest report
...and on that subject... people who carry their skis in those straps (from another thread) then forget that they now need space to turn when walking along.
snow report
People who stand on your carefully looked after skis with their rentals in the queues.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
...and on that subject... people who carry their skis in those straps (from another thread) then forget that they now need space to turn when walking along.

Just using those straps makes you look like a punter I reckon, being a punter would be number 1 in my list Very Happy

mmm..what else ?

- not even managing please and thank you in the local language.
- French driving and parking.
- punters
- people who put their skis on in front of the lift line.
- groups of off-piste powder hounds who place snowplowed tramlines all over a slope and totally ruin.
- anyone that's on a run too hard for them.
- punters
- people who ought to be in lessons and aren't, ie punters
- snow blades

But otherwise, I'm pretty live and let live really Confused
snow conditions
PG wrote:
People who stand on your carefully looked after skis with their rentals in the queues.

...people whose heel bindings are too tight for you to pop them after they've just stood on your skis with their rentals.
latest report
I certainly wouldn't nominate gerbils as pet hates. I'm rather fond of them.
snow report
Busloads of screeching, boozing pikeys - raise prices! Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Waiting at the airport carosel, wondering if my luggage made it.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat commented,
Quote:

...people whose heel bindings are too tight for you to pop them after they've just stood on your skis with their rentals.

... Still, there's some comfort in the knowledge that their bindings might not release next time they take a fall Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Poeple who cant be arsed to rack their lovely skis when having a break and just leave them lying exactly where they took them off, turning the area into an obstacle course. The same people will the voice their displeasure when anyone goes within a foot of the said skis.

I just love sking over them in my rentals!!! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

People who don't use those straps who forget they need even more space to turn when walkiing along. Very Happy
latest report
oh dear. What a wound up bunch we are.
My pet hate. People who take their partners onto slopes too hard for them and the ensuing slanging matches. You know the poor sole stranded is scared witless (hee hee)
ski holidays
Robbie wrote:
oh dear. What a wound up bunch we are.
My pet hate. People who take their partners onto slopes too hard for them and the ensuing slanging matches. You know the poor sole stranded is scared witless (hee hee)

I heard a screaming match in the Grand Massif the other week, some English family, the wife was screaming at the husband incoherently about him telling her how to ski (apparently he shouldn't have been) and how her skiing had gone back 5 years. Seemed like a nice start to a good day out for them Very Happy
snow report
I once skiied in a group with a german couple, and the wife was not a happy bunny. When she finlaly made it out of a rather trying tree run, she went up to her husband and started beating him really hard with her poles. They then both skiied off still screaming at each other - and we never saw then again. rolling eyes
snow conditions
That's rarely caused by the slope being too hard. I went down a blue with my girlfriend and she berated me all the way down that it was too hard (it wasn't, she did it fine). The next day she went with a ski lesson down the same slope and was fine and enjoyed it.

I think it's like having a family member or partner taking a learner driver out.

That said we were fine skiing together later in the week.
Very Happy
ski holidays
I find the best way round this is to go off and ski separately for an hour or two in the morning. I can go off and do the bits that I want to do, then skiing together for the rest of the day, I can just practice technique (MINE - not her's) while we ski down greens and easy blues.

I think the arguments start because you feel you're being held back and not getting the most out of your skiing day. If you've already been off and done the exciting bits, the pressure has been taken off the rest of the day.
ski holidays
skanky not always, came across one prat who'd taken his girlfriend up an easy blue, ok no problem normally except .

1 she'd had just one ski lesson that morning

2 There was a blizzard blowing at the time and the prat was taking her towards the black Exclamation

Suffice to say I went to her aid and she got down safely, wether she ever skied again or carried on going out with the prat I neither know or care Razz
ski holidays
Yes that was his fault that time, and pretty stupid.

I took down her a piste that was easier than many more she'd done before. That said, it was also the first day of the holiday, and it was more difficult than the blues that she'd done in Cervinia the year before, so it may have been surprise more than anything. She couldn't believe it was a blue - it was the first time I'd been down it too, and I had to keep showing her the piste map.

I think we'd both forgotten what blues at other resorts can be like compared to Cervinia - but as she'd been down reds it shouldn't have been a problem - and indeed it wasn't. However, anyone passing us might have thought we were about to have a big fall-out (we didn't). Very Happy

So anyway, my point is that it can seem a lot worse than it is.
snow report
Well, my german would have ended the day badly bruised, she really laid into him wiht her poles!! I think the poles got bent!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy