Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to Livigno next year - can anyone tell me what its like? Whats the skiing like, etc?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello jb.
For me its a great place, skiing is brill, loads of red and blues and a handful of blacks. Apres is great, Quite a large village but the bus service is good , and your liftpass covers that. Shops are duty free so you can have a good look for the odd bargain or two. We have always had good snow there,and never had to miss a day skiing , the Hotels we have stayed in were really good, one was on the centre called pontiglia, only a small Hotel but it was near the ski school meeting point, and stayed in the Intermonti, thats a little out of the way, but as swiming pool sauna etc, and the food was the best...........hope that helps a little. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HI JB
Like hannagh29, I just got back on Saturday.
There are no big shopping centers or apartment blocks like those in Andora etc, it has a nice old fashioned mountain village look with log barns converted into bars and shops etc.

Livigno is very long (approx 2 miles in length), but there is a free bus service which runs in a loop around the town, stopping every 500m or so and the lifts all start about 100m from the road so plodding about in ski boots is quite easy.

Whilst it is a duty free town and there are great deals on drink, perfume and rolex watches, it is quite hard to get hold of run-of-the-mill stuff like cheepie jumpers and trowsers. I searched for 2 evenings for a cheap pair of long johns, but couldn't get any for less than 35 euro.

The food was very good - especially the Bella Vista pizzas and very reasonable.
Burger and Chips in Marcos was about 4.50 euro
Pizza in Bella Vista was about 6.50 euro
You could easily do a four course meal in most resturants for 25 euro
It is pretty much high protein diet though (meat and cheese), vegtables being pretty much absent from most menus

I stayed in the Capriolo apartments. The room was quite nice and very warm, the only catch being the noise. You could hear everything going on in every room around you. From talking to other people in the village, this problem was not exclusive to the Capriolo, all other accomodation seemed to have the same problem.

One big catch is the 5 hour transfer but there is a 1/2 hr break half way

My ski school instructor Lorenna was excelent. I learnt 3 times more from her than I did in Andorra last year.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went there two years ago: http://tinyurl.com/2zzeu
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins,

Quote from the link you provided.........

'Because of the aspect of the resort we tended to ski the Carosello side
until about 1pm and then get the bus or a taxi to the Mottolino side in
the afternoon so that we were always in the sun. The Motollino gondola
was a pain in the rump - one of those in which you sort of stand while
leaning against something that pathetically tries to pass for a seat.'

The Gondola sounds like heaven compared to what the access used to be to the Mottolino side when I last skied at Livigno - There used to be a very, very long slow poma lift all the way up. When did the Gondola get installed, any ideas?

Also I am sure there was a 'plan' to run a link lift across the town, looks like it was only a rumour.

CP
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy