Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you buy a lift pass for non-skiers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering if there is a cheaper lift pass for family/kids who want to access mountain restuarants and bars but do not ski. Can u buy a pass for one particular lift?

Still snowing Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most resorts do a pedestrian pass.If you post up where you are thinking of going,good chance someone will know.Alternatively,look up the resort web site.They all have pass info on them.Some can be a bit cumbersome,but the info is there.Best alternative,book em all into ski school.Non skiing problem solved snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowskisnow, book em all into ski skool sounds good in theory but only one of three kids is old enough and wife isn't bothered this year. We're going to Kitzbuhel and did not see anything on website.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
big k;Looking at the Kitzbuhel website via the resorts section,sort of backs up my 'cumbersome' statement.Its awful.Clear as mud!!There are several references to hiking(but no mention of passes?)However,if your kids were born 1999 or after,it looks as if they might be free anyway(but I would confirm this if poss)If you go to the site there is e-mail enquiry,drop them a line.Frankly,I would be amazed if they didn't do a pedestrian pass.I don't know the area,but there are plenty on here who do.You should get some firm info in the next day or two.Have fun snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kitzbuhel has a huge network of winter footpaths and snow shoe paths (up the mountains and in the valleys) and offers guided walks. I don't know that they offer a pass specifically for walkers, probably because you're only likely to need one or two lifts each day. I think that downhill loading for walkers is free (if they have an uphill ticket). There's also what I'm told is a good toboggan run at Gaisberg (we didn't get around to trying it); you need to buy a lift ticket for that.

You could leave them at home, of course.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I've gone with a guide to a resort for the day and gone up the lifts just once, and then climbed to ski into another valley we have usually had to buy a day pass or, at best, something that cost 80% of a day pass. Annoying that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball, hide your skis about your person and pretend that you're a walker.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One down each leg and the tips in the hat?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, that's the sort of thing I had in mind, yes.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 24-02-05 17:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
richmond,try blades?Easier to conceal and,if all else fails,you'll only get charged 'juvenile' pass rates wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Found a pdf file hiding at the bottom of a page. Kids under 6 - free, kids over 6 - half fare. Also you can buy single journey pedestrian passes for individual lifts, prices from £5 - £10.
Looks like we may be eating together after all Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or you could put a kid down each trouser-leg.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball, the Goat Protection League will be after you. Please also be aware that your hobby is illegal in Europe and in several US states.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy