Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl in april !!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone has skied Obergurgl at the bitter end of the season? We are going the week begining April 9th,now i don't expect boot high powder rolling eyes but as they stay open until May Shocked i'm guessing reasonable conditions. We are staying at The Madeleine so if anyone has any info about the hotel or general tips about the resort they would be most welcome.
Cheers all.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
excitableboy,
Skied there from April 12th to 19th 2003.
There was plenty of snow in Obergurgl and Hochgurgl with the exception of the nursery slope right down in the valley which was very patchy. Typical Spring skiing in the lower slopes - icy until about 11.00am, then too slushy by about 2.30pm. The west side of the valley (no skiing) was devoid of snow. It was quite an unusual sight, sitting on a bone dry sun terrace in Solden, sun scorching down, looking South down the valley at the snowy peaks above Obergurgl.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only time I have been skiing as late as 16th April was on my Honeymoon 20yrs ago when we went to Obergurgl the snow conditions were excellent and the resort empty. Fantastic skiing but my wife did not appreciate us being in different ski schools!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
excitableboy,

I went to Obergurgl at the end of January this year - my first ever skiing holiday! Very Happy Loved it so much, I really want to go back again. Funnily enough you are going the same week I wanted to go back there. Recently found this website and seem to be in the same position as others - found something you really enjoy doing and all your mates are either broke or not interested in going skiing! We stayed at The Madeleine. Fantastic hotel. Few minutes walk from the main lift and ski school meeting place. Hotel staff really friendly, food fantastic, rooms spacious and very clean. Ski school very organised and great fun. If you want any other details about the hotel, resort or ski school, just ask away and I will try and answer them. Hope you have a fantastic time there - not that I'm jealous at all....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy