Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Put all your weight on your downhill ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Martin Bell, nice pics and point taken. Good to have your contribution. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin Bell, why not pick someone who can really ski? wink

I agree with both your points! Skiing isn't about dogma, after all, it's about the fun factor for most of us, and other specific results for others (speed, points, etc.).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The most important thing is that you are flowing, loose, and smooth. If you can make smooth high-speed turns without much effort, then you are probably distributing weight properly, angling properly, etc. If not, get some lessons and see what you're doing wrong.
The point I'm trying to make is that everyone has different bodies, and different body positions will work best for different bodies. Of course you want more weight on your outside ski when skiing on piste, roughly equal weight distribution for powder, and skis at somewhat similar angles - but the exact weight distribution, angles, etc. are different for each skier.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ponder, Very well put. Are you talking about bodies or Bodies??? wink wink wink wink

Martin Bell, Great pix, and good to have your input. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
The inside ski may well have a greater angle, simply because you have to get your inside leg out of the way to let the outside one get over, otherwise you end up A-framing.

So what's this then? wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill, that sir, is me prior to some boot work being carried out, and on a pair of boards that are not designed for much time on piste...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fox, I was referring to the greater angle of the outside ski to the inner, I am in no way sufficiently proficient to be able to cast aspersions as to your technique. Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marc gledhill, i would agree, there is A-framing in that photo.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat, I don't know about that! I watched you pretty closely just recently and didn't see a lot of A Framing. In addition, as I recall, Bud didn't suggest canting for you, did he?

I think that A Framing comes from one or a combination of two things: misalignment and a lazy inside leg. I have the latter, so I don't know for sure whether or not I have the former!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Martin Bell, I agree with your comment as it is made here, but I also think that many skiers are too lazy with their inside leg, not using it as much as they could (largely because, in the old days, it didn't help at all to do that!). I don't think that it's a be-all of skiing, but I do notice that when I engage my inside leg more in the turn, my turns are more effective. Do you think, then, that there is limited utility in working the shins towards parallel? Or are you just saying that, in an effort to distinguish "good" skiing from "poor" skiing, that many are focusing on effects instead of causes? Or something I'm missing completely?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ssh,
Quote:
(largely because, in the old days, it didn't help at all to do that!).
now, isn't that a bit of apples and oranges, especially when one looks at legacy technique hip position and therefore front-to-back balance being affected by weight distribution?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy