Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Stockholm pink iridium lenses

Poster: A snowHead
Ok have splashed out on a pair of these as will be wearing goggles all the time from now on (for skiing before any comments Toofy Grin )

I chose pink iridium for its potential benefits in low light as well as bright sunlight. They fit well. I have also bought a pair of Smiths black iridium which fit even better but obviously won't be so good in low light.

Does anyone have any particular thoughts on pink iridium please? One pair needs to go back.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have Crowbars with the Pink Iridium lens and it is useable in all light conditions but I would avoid it in super bright light, I have Black Iridium for that. I also used goggles with H.I Yellow lenses last season and found the P.I nearly as good in low/flat light conditions.

Is keeping both pairs not an option? You know it is the right thing to do Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just bought Stockholms with Persimmon lenses in the hope they'll be good in low light and be a good general purpose lens.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I find the persimmon uncomfortable on bright days, had them too Laughing Some people get on OK though...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
arv, I'll have the sunnies on hand as well then!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
arv, well I did get them for a reasonable price online and I have mentioned the thought of keeping them both. Will need to mention again at a carefully chosen moment, the last mention received a very audible roar of laughter Laughing

Butterfly, would quite like a new pair of sunnies too rolling eyes Laughing but as am going to use the fact that will only be wearing goggs from now on in my arguement (and therefore important to protect my eyes at all times especially now I am also wearing contacts) .......

on a sticky wicket I know Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lou, so are you really going to sit on the terrace supping hot chocolate & vin chaud in the goggles? Thought not! Those eyes need good UV protection at those times too wink

Oh - and why not just "forget" to return one pair of gogs? Can I be nosey and ask where you got yours? Mine were £56 inc p&p from a sunnies shop in Leeds, delivered next day.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Butterfly, what other pair? What on earth are you on about? Laughing

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/search.asp?search=stockholm

£89 incl delivery, think pinks rrp is £104
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Keep the Smiths & get some spare lenses. Smith are far superior goggles to Oakley.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
frank4short wrote:
Keep the Smiths & get some spare lenses. Smith are far superior goggles to Oakley.

Changing lenses is such a faff and BTW you've got that the wrong way round. Tried allsorts, splashed out on some Wisdom's last year, they're so good I recently bought another pair with Hi yellow lense.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kel, Well i've never found it that much trouble swapping lenses.

As to Oakley's being superior to Smith's i for one would don't believe that one iota. In my opinion & i've owned lots of different goggles smith's are far superior to any other brand of goggles. This is especially true at the medium price point. In the £30-60 range they're far superior to anything else on the market.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arv wrote:

Is keeping both pairs not an option? You know it is the right thing to do Very Happy

Have done the right thing Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowHead snowHead thought you might!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly, you've heard that expression 'strike while the iron's hot' - got in when household was in state of excitement at 07.00hrs due to decent snowfall and hols next week Laughing He was laughing rather a lot but I've taken that as a blessing.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm probably way too late to answer, but I have the pink iridium lenses and they're great in flat light, but I'd prefer something darker on a sunny day.
snow conditions
Alexandra, that's why I'm keeping both Shocked

well it is Christmas ......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy