Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brides Les Bains to Meribel Chaudanne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know how long the Olympic gondola takes? I'm staying in Moutiers for three days this week and trying to decide whether it's easier to take the gondola up to Meribel or to drive to La Tania or Courchevel 1550 and then get lifts up. Brides is only about 6kms from Moutiers so looks like an easy option!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Angus, the gondola from Brides takes about 25 mins, then there is a short wall to Meribel lifts system (say 5 mins max).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gondola v easy option - just watch the times on the way back - over Christmas/new year the last one down was officially 5pm - but they luckily kept going until the queue went! Don't know if that has changed now it's not getting dark at 5pm...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well it was a superb way to go. We stayed in Moutiers and drove the 6kms to Brides every morning. Main roads so very easy, no hassle at all. The gondola opened at 0830 (or even a bit before) so we got up to Meribel La Chaudanne in time for the main lifts up the mountain.
Evenings in Moutiers were hardly lively BUT for our two nights there we ate in good restaurants and had 3 course meals and a bottle of wine for 60 euros for the two of us. Definitely a good value option.

In all a very civilised way of doing things. snowHead

Oh and the snow was awesome!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Angus, I'd opt for driving every time....we stayed in Brides in January and drove up to Meribel everyday bar one. I know it was exceptionally cold but it was pretty boring and miserable on the Gondola the first day and that put us off, it was quicker warmer and much more pleasant to drive. Undercover parking right next to the lifts in Meribel is just 2 euros a day and as you're in the car already to drive up from Moutiers you'd be just as well keeping on going up the hill.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Possibly- but the roads were still snowy up to Meribel and the thought of having to put chains on to keep the Gendarmes happy was a real turn-off. It was very cold when we were there but found that a pain au chocolat kept me going. Car parking literally at hte bottom of the gondola and was free. Still I can understand the attraction of driving into Meribel.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Angus, No you're right....the one day we did it was because the road was snowy and we'd have to put on chains....definitely the gondola in those circumstances!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It really does feel like a long time going up that gondola - not a good start to every day. But if the snow is very good you can ski down on the right side of the valley (a recognised route though it isn't a piste).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We could have skiied back down however I wasn't sure about where the route went exactly and whether my girlfriend would have been up to it! Would have been great to do and quite a lot of people were skiing it. Gondola is quite a long time (20ish mins) but at 8.30 in the morning there's plenty of chance for a short snooze and then breakfast!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy