Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accomodation in Flims / Laax / Falera

Which is the best value resort of Flims, Laax and Falera?
Flims
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Laax
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 1
Total Votes : 0

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are doing a DIY weekend in the Flims area. Wanting to stay only 3 nights but we are battling to find apartment accomodation for such a short stay... Can anyone recommend a contact for short stay accomodation?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you'll struggle to find an apartment in Flims for less than a week. Most accommodation from my recollection is hotels. We stayed in Hotel Waldeck in Flims Waldhaus, less expensive than a lot of hotels in the area and right opposite the bus station where you come in from Chur (I assume you're taking the train from Zurich to Chur and then bus.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are a lot of apartments around Laax. We stayed in one between Laax and Murschetg so it was a 20 min walk or 5 min bus to the cable car (pics in the media section). They normally do Sat-Sat bookings but there were loads still available when we got there so you may find an owner willing to do a three night booking if the alternative is it being empty. We booked via the tourist office and they were very helpful so I'd recommend getting in touch with them.

Alternatives are the hotels - I emailed about ten of them and got very helpful replies from them all (a list of hotels can be found here). Also, the hostels are pretty good (apparently) and there are two in very good positions. There's the Rider's Palace at Murschetg (a couple of mins walk from the cable car and chairlift) and the Crap Sogn Gion hostel which is at the top of the cable car and so ski-in/ski-out, which may be better for a short stay. Again, you can contact them via that web page above or contact the tourist office - they really are very helpful and do do special offers which may be worth a look.

Incidentally, the bus from Chur drives right along Flims & Laax (not sure about Falera) and stops in Murschetg and Laax centre as well as Flims.

Incidentally, if you do stay at the Crap Sogn Gion hostel, then let us know what it's like, please.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
craigb, I've also used the Waldeck (twice) for long weekends and would reccomend it. I hired a car (cheaper as there were four of us) and drove to the Murschetg cable car in the morning as it has minimal queues.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately Waldeck is fully booked.... I'll try Crap Sogn Gion ... Also looking at either Klosters or St Anton as they seem to have more accomodation available... any further comments on the pro's and cons of these other choices
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy