Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hanging around at Heathrow

Poster: A snowHead
When we return from Whistler, we have rather a long wait for our connecting flight home. We may be able to switch to an earlier one, providing we aren't delayed, but if we have to hang around whats the best option? Last time (and it wasn't for too long either), we ended up very hungry in domestic departures as there's only a Costa coffee bar.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you changing across terminals? In which case maybe not go through security as there are more alternatives land side at T1 (Wetherspoons, etc.) If you have a really long wait you might even (once luggage all checked in and boarding passes in hand) take a taxi as I'm sure there are some restaurants nearby (not an option I'd go for myself though).

Not an ideal situation at all though...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen - shopping and eating at Heathrow.

If you're lumbered with your luggage for a few hours I guess you'll need to stay in either of the terminals you're using for arrival or departure. A goose chase across the jungle that is Heathrow with a huge baggage trolley (or two) is no safari.

Good luck!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do check with your airline at Thiefrow. We were delayed once on an internal flight asked nicely and were allowed into the business travellers lounge....You can but ask!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
try www.heathrow-airport-guide.co.uk

has REAL TIME departure and arrivals schedule. Plus a lot more including lists of shops, etc....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, luggage won't be a prob. it will be checked through from Vancouver to Newcastle without us oicking it up in Heathrow (or at least it used to be).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
luggage .. will be checked through from Vancouver to Newcastle

If your luggage is checked through, there is no way they'll let you on any earlier flight - airlines are rightly paranoid that you must travel on the same flight as your luggage.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RobW, my brother-in-law (works for BA) says it should be possible but we'll see. Maybe we sould just check in at Vancouver for the 1st leg, and collect our luggage?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, access to UK airport lounges is bookable on holidayextras.co.uk/airport-lounges. It quoted me £17.95pp for Heathrow, although apparently the lounges "aren't suitable for domestic flights" (exactly why boggles the imagination - surely most people have the intelligence to pay attention to time/location and get themselves to their departure gate on time???) and facilities are available only 3hours before departure. But you can eat and drink all you like! And no annoying crowds!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Manda, only guessing but the international lounges are airside and therefore technically not in UK so I'd guess they can make some tax savings on the costs of the grog you and I will hoover up, given the opportunity. Get poured up the steps of the plane - the only way to travel. wink Never used a 'domestic lounge'. Are there any at LHR and if so do they have free booze ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Maybe the best thing to do at Heathrow Airport is have sex (instructions available on adjacent thread)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kuwait_ian, domestic lounge at LHR? Dunno, have never flown domestically from Heathrow (as it is international flight to/from LHR is traumatic enough for a non-EU passportholder Evil or Very Mad , without the thought of using it domestically!) Sadly holidayextras makes no offers of any lounges "suitable for domestic flights". I suspect it all means that getting yourself from an international lounge area to your domestic flight area could be a bit of a mission. Haven't a clue, myself - any takers?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Theres a BMI and BA lounge in T1 domestics, I only use BMI, but I dont think you can get in there unless you've got the required card/ ticket eg business class.

Theres a Wetherspoons in T1 Domestic but you have to head towards gates 80 to find it!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Manda, Yes changing from International to Domestic (or vice versa) is not easy. Additional security checks as well as the mystery bus tours. IIRC, my last flight to Tokyo actually went from Terminal One which is normally considered Domestic but there was a BA lounge available. Not nearly as big or good as the 2 in T4.
Helen a colleague always clears Customs in LHR as he reckons the checks at Newcastle are much stricter. A possible consideration if you are bringing back loads of stuff from Canada. But far be it for me to suggest you are attempting to defraud HMG. Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Goldsmith wrote:
Maybe the best thing to do at Heathrow Airport is have sex (instructions available on adjacent thread)

all very well, but my teenage boys will be with me too. They might object to their parents havin it off in the aiport lounge.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, you just need to find them some other distractions Wink - if nothing else they could always try what rockyrobin found on this other thread
snow report
FWIW, the best place I've found to eat in UK airports is Est, est, est (vaguely Italian). They're in TI and T4.
ski holidays
David Murdoch wrote:
Are you changing across terminals? In which case maybe not go through security as there are more alternatives land side at T1 (Wetherspoons, etc.) If you have a really long wait you might even (once luggage all checked in and boarding passes in hand) take a taxi as I'm sure there are some restaurants nearby (not an option I'd go for myself though).

Taxi fare would be enormous, and can you imagine what the driver would say if you asked to be taken to Hounslow?

Alternative would be to take the tube and grab a decent curry.

CP
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, I spent an hour or so at that Costa Packet Coffee Bar last week - very dull. I don't think you can get out of the terminal though, or even into other areas of the airport, from what I could see. By arriving on an international flight and transfering to internal, you're on the "wrong" side of the security section I think.

But I could be wrong.
latest report
marc gledhill, I can get out of arrrivals at terminal 4 by just not following the transit signs. I'm definitely not making the mistake of doing that again, and not being able to go anywhere else. Bad enough waiting, without being stuck there. However Nade says theres a Witherspoons.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy