Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking At Heathrow T4

Poster: A snowHead
try www.aph.com - purple parking

Reasonable at £60.26 for 8 days; I am sure someone can get better than this. Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hibernia, I doubt you'll get cheaper than that, Heathrow parking is expensive. I've just paid £95 with Purple Parking for 11 days. Best quotes I got after some searching and using various discount codes were £77 @ Park 4 Less (T1/2/3 only), £91 at Flyway parking, £91 at Economy Parking. That was through BCP and with Civil Service Motoring Association discounts. Trouble with those last 3 was they said they couldn't carry skis or snowboards on their small minibuses - so to it had to be either Purple Parking or spend £140+ to park within the airport Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you book online in advance via www.baa.com, then you can usually get into the Business Park&Fly which is just over the road from Terminal 4 for only a bit more than Purple. Currently they are quoting around £85 for days for 8 days beginning of March. Transfer takes only 5 minutes, and I find it great when travelling with lots of ski gear.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are a SCGB member, it's always worth checking snowextras. I paid £57.60 for a week, off airport, recently. Even if you are not a member, checking out the car park could be worthwhile. Off airport - but cheerful and efficient.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick Zotov - its amazing but I always forget to do that, in my 7 years or so of SCGB membership I do not think I used that facility more than few times. Subliminly I suppose that I think that better deals can be achieved elsewhere without using snowextras. But I may be wrong in that!

Thanks for that link BTW - now put into my favouries - it brings them all together Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hibernia, not sure if I really got a cheaper deal than going to the car park site direct. But snowextras was a very convenient way of finding it in the first place, and I do think I got a good deal in terms of Heathrow car parking generally. Happy to have helped with the link.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick Zotov, you're right. When I got quotes for Heathrow parking the snowextras on-line prices with my SCGB membership came out just the same as enquiring direct and not going through SCGB.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank God I don't have parking charges like that here -£36 for my 12 day stay at Newcastle Airport.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Obviously depends on flight times but last time i flew from Heathrow it was early am. Drove up night before & stayed in one of the airport hotels. Cost about £70 for double room but that included leaving car in their car park for two weeks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roger King - that's a good idea if you are travelling from a long distance. And the car parking is effectively free.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heathrow is a nightmare for this.
Pink elephant plus a crappy hotel the night before are miles away and it seems to take ages to get back to your car... but they do seem to be cheap...

The other thing that might be worth checking out is hire car - had a work trip and a one way rental to Heathrow from Bristol was about £28 - much cheaper than the train. Adding in a one way rental home if its also about the same might work out as being the same as parking charges - plus the rental places are nearer the terminal than the car parks and very efficient
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountain mad, never considered getting a hire car, good idea. If I could do it for £40 each way then that's already cheaper than what I'm paying for Purple parking.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountain mad wrote:
Heathrow is a nightmare for this.
Pink elephant plus a crappy hotel the night before are miles away and it seems to take ages to get back to your car... but they do seem to be cheap...

The other thing that might be worth checking out is hire car - had a work trip and a one way rental to Heathrow from Bristol was about £28 - much cheaper than the train. Adding in a one way rental home if its also about the same might work out as being the same as parking charges - plus the rental places are nearer the terminal than the car parks and very efficient

That's an astonishingly cheap rate. Corporate rate for the company? If not, can you tell us which car hire company?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes do tell. The one-way rental excess charge alone is usually a lot more than that.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm with RobW. If you have a long flight, it's well worth spending a few £££ for the extra convenience of parking your car across the road from the terminal. The business car park is extremely well located for T4.
snow conditions
Nick/Ian
It was organised by work - so if thats unusual then it must have been a corporate rate.
I was surprised that it was cheaper than catching the train!!!
It was Hertz if that helps?
snow conditions
It's ironic that having booked a fantastic deal with purple car parking that as of today I cannot avail of it Sad

My car's cambelt broke resulting in a residency ( not at the aforementioned car park ) but at my local garage in Kingston upon Thames for the next week, and a very large bill for repairs to the engine Sad .

The interesting point insofar as this thread is concerned is that I rang up purple car parking and they have refunded the car parking fee. Now an expensive taxi ride to/from Heathrow.

Oh well, let's hope that things will be better in Grindewald next week rolling eyes
snow report
hibernia, funny but theat may be the case with us too, car has a fault which we think may result in a new gearbox, and the best time to have the job done will be when we are in Canada. Ridiculous thing is though, the taxi will cost more than the parking,
Sad
snow report
hibernia,
try this little trick I know but sshhhh keep it to yourself Madeye-Smiley . book your parking at NCP airport parking which is based in hotel carpark just outside Heathrow (just off roundabout before you go through tunnel) just looked at quick quote for a weeks parking from Saturday =£53.60. They have a regular bus which transfers you to airport. Now for the but! but it doesn't serve terminal 4 !!!! however if your prepared to make your own way in the airport to/from T1,2,3 (tube/shuttle buses?) then it is one of the cheapest parking options I believe. Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rich

http://www.ncp.co.uk/
snow conditions
Type23 - thanks, filed away for the next time.
latest report
If you normally use Purple Parking then try skyparksecure.com. We've just booked with them - it's the Purple Parking car park, but for 8 days is about 10 GBP cheaper than going with PP direct.

Cheers,

Simon
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy