Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back fron B.C.....we've been burgled by a 'ski thief' !

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Just got back from Big White/Silver Star, after a 2 week trip ( i'll post my thoughts on the 'resorts' page soon) which on the whole was pretty damn good. The real kick in the teeth however was returning home to find we had been burgled whilst away Mad . As you can probably imagine its been quite a stressful few days for us, the house was messed up but luckily not totally trashed. They took the usual ; jewellery, laptop, credit cards,various personal bits and........my almost new Volkl Vertigo Motion ski's!!!!! Shocked . That really is the final nail in the coffin. As i decided to only take my R 11's away, my Volkl's were nicked from under the bed in the spare room. Now i find it hard to believe any opportunist thief , looking to make a quick gettaway, will leg it down the road with what is quite a heavy pair of ski's. He must have been a fellow skier and a Volkl man at that......but doesn't that make it even worse, it's like some skiers code has been broken.
Those ski's replaced my old, skied to death G 3's, and although i tend to ski mostly the R 11's now, i am pretty upset to lose them. So now i am scanning E Bay, just in case they turn up. This story does have a kind of happy ending, it was such a bad ending to the holiday that we've decided we need another one to get over this one........Obergurgl for a week, flying out April 9 th, for a good end to the season. Something to look forward to.
Oh, and if anyone gets offered a pair of VOLKL Vertigo Motions, in a 177, down the pub for a good price let me know wink .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
excitableboy, Sympathy on your unfortunate experience. I can imagine your return was not a happy experience. Still, you have got the right attitude - head for the hills!! Hope you have a great trip in April & remember to upgrade your home security!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
excitableboy, sorry to hear about that - I always worry the house will be a blackened stump when I return from holiday.

We're off to Obergurgl soon!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 19-02-05 14:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian Hopkinson, you live in a tree house ?
excitableboy, sorry to hear your news. Sounds like a bit of an 'inside job' - not wishing to add insult to injury but do you trust everyone who knew you were away and had nearly new skis under the bed ???
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ooops double postinitus removed

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 19-02-05 12:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
excitableboy, do post your Big White/Silver Star experiences, I've been looking at them in the brochure and I'd be interested to hear what it's like there.

There's been a spate of snowHeads having their skis stolen in resort, but to have your skis stolen at home while you're away is a particularly cruel twist. More likely the tea leaf didn't have a clue about skiing and just grabbed them on impulse.

Hope your insurance sorts it all out. If not then 'send lawyers, guns and money... cos the s*** has hit the fan' (assume from your monniker that you're a Zevon man Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the kind words guys, Kuwait Ian inside job? interestingly enough we had some work done in the bathroom for the 2 weeks leading up to us going away, discussed skiing with a couple of the tilers.....hhhmmmmm! Its with the police now. Big White/Silver Star thoughts to come, and indeed JR i am a big fan of the late,great man, which was handy as Werewolves of London was forever being blasted out of the terrain park at Big White and echoing across the mountain.Of course now with the insurance my thoughts turn to new ski's, ah but which ones? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnnyrotten, I've too just returned from BW/SS (well a week ago now), and have posted some comments in this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047

excitableboy, Will be interested in your views. We've been going to BW/SS since 2000 and have noticed each year that they are getting more and more popular with British skiers. Did you DIY or use a holiday company? And many commiserations on the burglarly. We were done last summer by a 'bike thief' so I know what it feels like.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
excitableboy,

Did you post information in this forum before going out to BW/SS? Kind of worrying if we have snowheads here doing the inside jobs and selling skis and snowboards at knock down prices in the forum too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think the moral of excitableboy's experience is: don't go on holiday to use anything you might have in your home (such as a piano or lawnmower). You might return to find that they've disappeared.

Alternatively, take everything with you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think excitableboy's location "West Sussex" is a bit imprecise for a succesful burglary to be carried out by a snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Really sorry to hear that excitableboy, I always fear when I come back after being away that the house has caught fire or we've been burgled. Sorry it happened to you
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ian Hopkinson,

Don't forget there are snowheads here wanting to turn skiers into darksiders too! How far would they prepare to go remains to be seen. Anyway I feel sorry for what has happened to excitableboy. I am considering David Goldsmith's advice as I am pretty sure having seen piano being played in a snow background. However it still looks stupid to me driving a sit-on mower on the snow.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am also sorry to hear about the burglary. As someone who has been burgled in the passed I know what it is like.

I have to agree with Cathy Coins and Ian Hopkinson that I always worry that I will return home to find the house has been raised to the ground or burgled.

I hope the insurance recompenses you well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks again guys 'n gals, much appreciated. Hey RobW, quite spookily we were away for the same 2 weeks as you, stayed at The White Crystal Inn at Big White, and.......The Putnam Station Inn the same week as you in Silver Star! We may even have been drinking in close proximaty in The Wine Cellar...small world rolling eyes Excellent reviews by the way, mine's in the post. I realise that this is a good enough alibi to rule you out of the current " which Snowhead pinched my ski's " debate wink ......but the rest of you need to account for your whereabouts on or around the 3rd/4th of Feb!!!! Anybody know if Fox was in the country on those dates??? Puzzled .
snow report
saikee, until the relatively recent, decent snowfall, taking a sit on mower wouldn't have been quite so daft Shocked Laughing

Sorry to hear about the burglary excitableboy, bloody t0ssers! Can't give your decent alibi I'm afraid, and having recently tried some Volkls for the first time and enjoyed the experience, I suppose I could be a suspect.......at least I could have been were it not for having been caught and taken in (hand) by someone else at that time NehNeh
snow conditions
Sorry for your trouble. Sad

Interesting development, though. The usual scumballs who loot other people's houses wouldn't have the braincells to realise the value of your skis, nor the contacts to off-load them for ready cash (which is all they're interested in really). And I don't think I'm stereotyping too strongly to say they're unlikely to participate in the noble sport themselves.....

Sorry, got a wee bit caught up in my absolute, pathological hatred for these sorry excuses for humanity. Evil or Very Mad

Enjoy your next trip anyway...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy