Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste guides in St Anton?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any recommendations of guides for off-piste boarding in St Anton? Likely to be able to get enough people together for a group of at least four. Any requirements for having avalanche safety gear?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/ Try getting in touch with sidneyreilly - a fellow snowhead who lives out there
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sicrates, or go off topic a bit and ask in the snow reports section http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52277&start=200 , but say sorry for being off topic wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Digging up this old thread while searching for answers.

What is the latest for recommendations on St Anton guides? I am going to be in St Anton by myself for 1 week. I'm an expert snowboarder with 8 seasons experience and very fit. Looking at joining a group to do some off piste runs. Have all my own equipment.

Last year, I was with Power Club which was a fun group to get with but that was for just one day. I might join their week but unsure - http://www.powderclub.at/en/camps/freeride-camp.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would recommend against piste to powder. They used to be fantastic but have been very disappointed in the last two trips done with them.

We were supposed to be in a level 4 group but ended up with two skiers who whilst very nice we're not very good. It meant we could not ski a number of runs and was extremely frustrating.

The two guys had skied with P2P earlier in the week so they knew their ability. They didn't want to have two smaller groups of 3/4 as that would reduce their profits per group so put two together.

Very shoddy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
P2P won't take a single snowboarder in their groups IIRC, you'd have to have a private which would need more people. Have a look at some of the smaller schools, eg Arlberg Boardriders, St Anton Classic, see what they offer. Otherwise you'd probably be looking at Powder Club again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh I had a thread about this in if piste a few years ago - and went with the suggested guide. Let me see if I can find it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Walter.

http://www.abc-snowboarding.at/

I had a fun day with him in 2013, contracted him in advance and he put me in with two other people to make a group. Although the snow conditions weren't great he found some nice stuff to do, although it was quite mellow.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've tried abc but they only do private sessions.

Piste to powder don't do group snowboard sessions.

Looks like powder club is the only option but I'll check at the local tourist office to see what is available too.

Are there any locals keen to go off piste?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll be in Ischgl the week before and keen to do any off piste but it seems to be more tame over there
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy