Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hinged Knee Braces - Horseshoe Butress Pad?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, I second the vote. I use a support with adjustable wedges which remind my wrecked left knee not to hyperextend. Post surgery now about 90%. Avoid bumps, running etc. Tried skiing without support but during the 1st trip the errant knee decided to "switch off" during the middle of a carved turn, fortunately I was able to finish the turn on the other leg!. Have had numerous close calls walking, in the gym, swimming.. This usually results in a weeks swelling!. Surgeons comments "Well you're not an 18 year old footballer you know" My S.O now uses a CTI brace supplied by the NHS for his work, and he learned to ski 20 years ago oblivious to the fact that he was missing a cruciate ligament! Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not quite on topic, and with lots of humility in the prescence of all these medic types, but I was back on snow last week after quite a bad medial injury on Boxing Day. I used a prosport hinged brace and found it gave good support. I also found that the exercise of skiiing was making my knee stronger and fitter every day. Now I am back at work and managing without even a support bandage. If I get another slide this year, I think I will try it without support, given what the medics have said above. I am by the way, badly overweight but did a heck of a lot of cycling as a young man and still run up and down stairs most of the day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Bish wrote:
still run up and down stairs most of the day.

Chris's job is:

a) bus conductor
b) lift attendant in a building with no lifts
c) escalator repair man

Any other suggestions?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK, I confess to hyperbole!

I am a heavily photo-copier dependant teacher, with an upstairs classroom and a downstairs photo-copier. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, you have my admiration. I think that I could make a reasonable fist of most mainstream jobs, given the training, but teaching, no way. And you can run up and down stairs all day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman,

Sounds like you have got it as covered as you possible could in the circumstances.

I thinks jumps are a killer and stopped doing them a few years ago. Only where very necessary now!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT, No sympathy please. I am just as obsessed as aall other snowheads. I believe there are many different ways that people enjoy a skiing holiday. They each have their own merits. snowHead Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy