Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trouble with button lifts

Poster: A snowHead
G'day,

Hey what a friendly forum! Very Happy Wish I'd found this earlier.

Having a spot of bother with button lifts. Which crotch should I use?

Later,
Jake
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jake The Peg, welcome to snowHeads.

What are the crotch choices?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, cheers mate, nice to be here Very Happy

Left and right.

Y'know, I sometimes wonder whether the extra leg is really all that convenient. It certainly gives ski instructors something to think about.

Later,
Jake
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jake The Peg, try boarding. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skanky, thanks for the advice, I should give it a go snowHead

Do many boarders have an extra leg? Do the hire shops offer many boards with 3 bindings?

Later,
Jake
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jake The Peg,

Only Kangaroos need 3 bindings but they are not allowed into the piste.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 18-02-05 17:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jake The Peg, no, but you only need to bind the outer two legs in, and stand the third on the board in the middle. That way, you also won't need to unbind a leg to propel youself on flat bits and at chairlifts.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skanky, ah well wicked mate! I knew there was a use for it other than pulling Sheilas! snowHead

I'm a bit concerned though... will I have to spend very much time sitting on my ar$es (3 buttocks, mate!) or riding around with my hands limply to the front like Tommy Cooper? I like winter sports and all, but I don't want to look like a tw*t.

Later,
Jake
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
I'm a bit concerned though... will I have to spend very much time sitting on my ar$es

Nope, third leg again means you can stand up with both other legs strapped in.

Quote:
or riding around with my hands limply to the front like Tommy Cooper?

Dunno, I'm sure you can hold your hands how you like. I did see one bloke boarding with them in his pocket, but you'd look like a tw*t if you fell on your face doing that. You could try the old surfing stance?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There was a guy on Natives for a while called Tripod if he's around may be he could help with advice !!!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky wrote:
Nope, third leg again means you can stand up with both other legs strapped in.

Sweet. Then again, if I'm riding with other boarders, I'd have to find a group with extra legs or I'd end up talking down to them every time we stopped for a breather.

Quote:
You could try the old surfing stance?

Deffo food for thought - thanks again for advice snowHead What a great forum!

With all the advantagesthere seem to be, I'm wondering whether all boarders didn't oughta get themselves fitted with an extra leg.

Later,
Jake
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jake The Peg, I would have thought that with your three legs, how you look would be the least of your worries.

For skis you could try two full length skis on each outer leg, and a snow-blade on the middle one. BTW is the middle foot right or left footed?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
Sweet. Then again, if I'm riding with other boarders, I'd have to find a group with extra legs or I'd end up talking down to them every time we stopped for a breather.

Is that a problem? Last time I skied we had a boarder with us, and it seemed the natural order of things.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, I went to school with a guy nicknamed tripod. Unfortunately it wasn't me.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer, yeah most people assume it's the middle leg that is extra, but actually it's the left one, and it's ambidextrous. Bit of a right royal mix up if you ask me, or it would be if I wasn't a republican. Anyway that means that the middle foot is left-footed.

I suppose as well as being regular or goofy, there'd need to be new names depending on which leg you wanted to leave out of the binding... so "middle regular", or "left goofy", that sort of thing.

Then there's the question of what to do with the spare leg while carving. The conga, perhaps, or a spot of Riverdancing to pass the time. Just for interest's sake, you might like to know that I can go waltzing Matilda all by myself!

Later,
Jake
snow report
When skiing, what sort of weight distribution do you use between all your legs? And where do you find footwear for an ambidextrous foot?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy