Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Boot Fitter Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know a good boot fitter in the Pyrenees or Toulouse?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Ontario sports in the Portet de Garonne retail park (shop is near the "Quick" burger place) - a serious mountain shop. Other wise I know a guy up here in Bareges...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gread1974, If you are in Andorra there is a guy in a shop just behind the McDonalds down by Andorra 2000 supermarket.
He sells Dale boots and was employed by the Spanish Ski team so I have been assured. Several people I know are happy with his work.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dypcdiver wrote:
gread1974, If you are in Andorra there is a guy in a shop just behind the McDonalds down by Andorra 2000 supermarket.
He sells Dale boots and was employed by the Spanish Ski team so I have been assured. Several people I know are happy with his work.

Yes, the shop name is SERVEIS DE NEU, good reputation.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm a bit embarassed Embarassed to say I "solved" this one over the weekend. I tried Ontario, I'm not sure if Saturday was the best time to go, but I didn't get on too well, my embryonic French could be to blame. Someone from work recomended Alaska, a freeride place on Route d'Albi just off the Rocade Est in Toulouse at the Croix Daurade junction (in case anyone is interested).

The head guy there was very friendly and seemed knowledgable, used to work for some pro ski team apparently (French not quite quick enough to pick up the full story). He went through a process of looking at my bare feet, measuring, gait assessment and much muttering. I also had some help from one of the junior staff whose English was better than my French. I spent and hour or so trying on 5 boots and agreed in the end that the best of them was a good fit but too soft. They have ordered (no obligation) the Atomi B-Tech 120's in for my comedy duck-feet and also a Dalbello boot that they think would be a good fit and have already discussed some stretching they think would be beneficial for a better fit. I realise of course the proof of the pudding is in the skiing, so will let you know how it goes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gread1974,Best of luck, sounds as if they might know a bit, let us know how the pudding turns out!
BTW for what it is worth my Alpine boots are Dalbello with an intuition liner which I moulded myself here at home in the oven (electric). The shop I bought from had no idea, hence the DIY, at first because the liners seemed so hard I thought that I would not be able to wear them all day, but they are so comfortable and precise now that all day skiing is a pleasure in them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought I'd let those who commented know how it turned out. The B-Tech 120's were not available from anywhere, even direct for Atomic apparently and the Dalbello boots didn't fit my feet.

The shop (Alaska in Toulouse) fitted a pair of boots for the missus with a little stretch and thermal fitting of the liners and I'm happy to say she's pleased as punch.

I ended up picking up the B-Tech 120's for the Copos Ski Centre in Baqueira as this was the only place I could find them locally (ish). The boot fitter there was very professional (although we had to work through an interpreter) and there has been some major stretching required. End result is that I now have a boot that I can wear all day and I'm pretty pleased with. They are going back for (hopefully) a final strech in a couple of weeeks and they should then be perfect!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought it was worth bumping the thread to say that, sadly, Serveis de Neu (behind McDonalds next to Andorra 2000) in Andorra la Vella closed last year. However, I got a good recommendation to try a guy who's an Italian ex-racer, and he turned out to be really helpful! I don't know if he speaks any English though; his Spanish was peppered with Italian! He's based at "Italiana Esquí Serveis" on Carrer de Lòria, behind Hotel Co-Princeps in the town of Sant Julià de Lòria.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy