Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First ski on atomic sl11

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I would post some feedback to the group on my first day on these new fangled short skis.
But first some background: Until the other day I had skiied on slalom planks between 195-205, mostly rossies like 4s, 7sk, 9s. I reckon I carved most turns on piste once I had reached a good speed, I could if I wanted carve at slow speeds but it was just so much effort to get all dynamic at 3mph. So I would rate myself as an advanced skier.
Now these atomics are something else, they are like telepathic or something, I just think about turning and they do it with no effort; no upweight, pole plant or any of that sh***. Skied over crud and ice just peachy, miles easier than any of the old planks. They do tend to catch the rear edges when you get lazy and try to skid but they are still sooo much easier to ski than the old planks. I can go places with these I would have hesitated to go before because I know these things will just do what I want. Hell the shovels are even soft enough for moguls. I wish they had been about 15 years ago, they are so much more accessible and fun than planks. I reckon my local ski shop were talking total keech when they said that modern slalom skis were only suitable for racing and that I should get a pair of "all mountain skis" (blues ski shop), their racks were chock a block full of "all mountain" skis but no slalom skis. Why? these things are effin mega. Stick your "all mountain skis" were the profit dont shine. Without doubt things are the most versatile slidey things I have ever been on, I would take then anywhere except deep powder were they would probably be rubbish, but I ski in Scotland so that isnt really an issue.
Sorry if this sounds like a rant but I cant help it , I am just so impressed and glad I didnt listen to the profit mongers at the shop.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
acrabat, what a refreshing attitude! "Free mountain"? "Free ride"? "Free F-in lunch" more like if you're in the marketing department...

Haven't tasted the Atomics (yet) but my girlfriends Volkl WC P60 slalom have moved her from being a highly accomplished piste bandit to enjoying off piste too (previously the effort involved threatened a congenitally screwed up knee).

Quote:

shovels are even soft enough for moguls

Not just that, I imagine they turn on half a sixpence making moguls just dreamy.

Bet they're not rubbish in deep powder either. Just had 3 days on my GS skis in very very deep snow indeed. You just need to let them find their rhythm (swoon with remembrance)

"Race skis only for racing" - what dangly bits. But, seeing how many people buy them inappropriately, it's reasonable for the UK mass market channels to try and get customers to buy what's maybe more appropriate for them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried some nice P60 slaloms in January and totally fell in love with them. The atomics got a good write-up in DMS&S this month, so would like to try those too. Perhaps BA will do me the favour of leaving my skis in Glasgow again next holiday!?! Until then, I'll have to make do with my flexible friends, my Atomic 10-16s.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree, I used Rossi 9s which were a dream and a blast, great fun for everything but deep stuff probably and thats only because I wouldn't want to waste a day finding out if I could ski them there. Besides there are so many other good skis for out back.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy