Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How long have you been skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Since I was 15. You?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Same Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New Kid On The Block, I thought you were 14.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
At least I do not lay eggs!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm only 16...I thought I was the youngest here...Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm much older than you
Hannah is the youngest, I think, she's about 8 or 10.
Wear the Fox Hat is about 90 but acts like a kid.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow-Queen, Since I was 50 Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
this is my 4th year, although i dont ski - i succumed to the dark side from the start. actually thats a lie, ive been dry slope skiing a few times - and it was enough to put me off it for a long time. im curious now though, so might rent some snowblades and see what all the fuss is about.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is my 10th year skiing. I started when I was just a cub.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow-Queen, 5 years, started at 16
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
18 years. Half my life. How did that happen? Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Started in 1959, in boots similar to

these. To see them closer to actual size, click here.
Leather boots had outer laces, threaded through a row of hooks, which pulled together the outer skin of the boot. The outer flaps of the boot helped to seal the inner boot from snow penetration. The inner boot had its own laces threaded through eyes.
Boots had to be polished daily. Every night thousands of hotel workers across the Alps polished their guests' boots - the tradition was to leave your boots outside the bedroom door and you'd find them all shined up in the morning.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 16-02-05 18:31; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ermm

hang on, I might have to take my socks off

fernie
BC roadtrip
la tania
whistler
tahoe
montgenevre
passo tonale

so that make this my eighth season, since those are the main places I've visited in each of the last few seasons - fernie in 2004, back to my frst trip to Passo Tonale in 1998
that means I was, erm, 25, when I first went
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, must have been murder getting your legs into that postion - glad things have moved on.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Peeps, Skiing for 8years (an now 54 rolling eyes WHY DIDN'T I DISCOVER SKIING ETRLIER Puzzled
ski holidays
all morning......
snow report
Went skiing on a school trip when i was 14 but that doesnt count.... finally took up the challenge back in 97 and have been every year since, apart from 2000 when I was giving birth to my son smack in the middle of the ski season. Stupid stupid stupid. Bad timing, should have thought that one through a little more.

(mind u at least he gets a ski holiday instead of expensive and pointless birthday party)
snow report
First ski trip was 2nd March 1992, so I'll shortly be celebrating my 13th Anniversary. Since then I skied (on snow) a total of 393 days, plus up until a few years ago very regularly on plastic. I've also worked out that the average ski trip costs around £100/day, all in, which means skiing has so far cost me £40,000!

Junior only started 'proper' skiing in Feb 2004, and now, at age three and a half he's progressed to moguls almost as big as him: http://midlandski.fotopic.net/p11797899.html
latest report
Not an easy question to answer - I first set foot on skis nearly 21 years ago (aged 14). Totally loved it, but my parents kept telling me it was an expensive fad and that I would grow out of it. As I was reliant on them to fund my skiing, after a year or so of regular dry slope lessons and skiing trips to Scotland and Spain, I stopped.

I managed to finally scrape together the time and money to get back into skiing about 4 years ago and am now trying to make up for lost time!!

I really wish I had started younger and managed to keep it going over the years.
snow conditions
Not long enough...should have started far earlier than 31! Just about to go off on my 6th week skiing since 2002, plus 2 or 3 days up at Glencoe and few hours on dry slopes.

I, like you Fruity, went on a school trip when I was about 14 too. It lasted all of about 20 minutes before I gave up and decided it was not for me. If only I knew then what I know now!

My husband had to bribe me to try it again, and now I love it as much as he does (if not more!). Very Happy
ski holidays
First time on skis was about 8 years ago, then nothing for 2 years, then I became a ski addict.
latest report
4 years!

I too wish I had started younger (I was 31 when I started too), I've taken this up with the parents - who haven't been able to account properly for this omission snowHead
snow report
 deleted
deleted
23 years now mainly France.
WHat a fantastic website.

bobS
snow conditions
welcome to Snowheads, BobS snowHead
ski holidays
Welcome to snowHeads, bobS snowHead

As you can see we're all rather seriously addicted to the white cold stuff Shocked
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson - great minds think alike , ehh Cool
latest report
8 weeks, in the last 3 years. Don't seem to have improved much the last few trips though
latest report
Started in 1987 skied every year until 1996 then didn't ski again until this year Shocked I cant explain the lack of judgement either snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobS, welcome snowHead Same number of years as me, though I really don't look like I've been skiing that long. Confused
ski holidays
Just like Newbie50, another one to start after turning 50.
ski holidays
bobs welcome to snowheads.

I have been skiing since I was 5, about 26 years ago.
snow report
Since David Goldsmith, taught me in cairngorm in the winters when snow was regular. 10 years off then met snowbird through this site 4 years ago and the rest is history - some lies in here I think !
ski holidays
ummm.... first ski trip was in 2002 in which I did the huge amount of one days skiing rolling eyes , then a week in Banff, two weeks last season and the EOSB will be my third for this snowHead
latest report
27 years - since I was 3
ski holidays
I think im on year 19, and still cant ski like I want to. Puzzled .
ski holidays
mick newby, snap, I started 19 years ago. I still can't ski.
latest report
Ray Zorro, What do you put it down to ?
latest report
Since I was 3, so I guess thats 33 years Shocked I'm not even going to try and work out what that has cost but it's a lot Confused
ski holidays
Will be 2 years to the day next month when I'm in La Plagne. Will be my 6th time skiing, to a total of about 6 1/2 to 7 weeks, 5th time in La Plagne, and did a long weekend in Grindelwald/Wengen 2 weeks ago.
latest report
25 years since I was 7, skiing 4 weeks a year for the last 3 seasons, and still nowhere near where I want to be.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy