Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ouch that hurt.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have put my upper back out. Big time.

I was driving home from work on Friday night and felt a little twinging in my rib cage/shoulder blade area.... an area of weakness from days gone by..... got up Saturday and knew it was serious. Breathless and in great pain.

Thankfully I have a wonderful osteopath who has fitted me (went last night and off work today), I had full manipulation last night and the dorsal area of my upper ribcage is very badly compacted. Ouch.

I am going for another session on Friday night (£40 again!) so pray for me guys. Two weeks to our skiing trip and I cant even lift a pint glass at the moment..... Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fruity, Can't lift a pint....absolute tragedy!! Put your faith in your osteopath.....you'll be fine....otherwise drip feed the alcohol so you can't feel the pain and go skiing anyway - you can get it fixed when you get back. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fruity, One consideration would be to switch to Shorts whilst this current affliction lasts - the weight of a pint glass surely having considerable bearing on the issue. However, European glasses will work to your advantage, being smaller and lighter, so DON'T panic. (Count to ten and then panic!) Positive waves. Now go and start packing for your hols.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some sort of syphoning device whilst you are laid flat on your back may aid the transfer of beer from the pint glass to your mouth, however be careful, as it is easily possible to overconsume the aforementioned beverage in this position, which may lead to a loss of deportment, and a consequent loss of dignity.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fruity, thinking back to this topic http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=59057 I expect your husband is annoyed/worried that this may in some way affect his skiing holiday. I hope that he isn't giving you any sympathy anyway!!!! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ROFLMAO at Ray.

spot on.

Mind u, he did carry the trays in (tv dinner) after I had cooked his tea one handed last night..... so I know he knows it hurts. (None of the other either.....far too painful unless I lie flat on my back Toofy Grin ) he has said I dont have to cook 3 courses tonight, just the usual roast plus wine to accompany (Red or white with a bad back, I just dont know the protocol)

I do like the idea of a syphoning device..... and they do only sell gluvine in small mugs so the weight of the mug should be ok.... I hope.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shorts are the safest option, though be very careful, some places like andorra Soldeu tend to do free hand pours so you could end up lifting quite a weight.

the other option is long straw... wink

being slightly more serious, i'd suggest you have a word with your osteopath and see if they can recommend some kind of back support. Mine did for my twisted knee and it meant I got some decent time on the slopes.

Good luck and think positive thoughts.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My ever so confident osteo says it will not be a problem to get me fit again within a fortnight..... but it may be a painful route.

Now, I wonder if they do schnapps in Finland???????
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
good luck with the pain, hope it works out in time Little Angel

unfortunately for me... Sad
I broke my collarbone in Motteret last Friday, just short of Platieres lift, skied back to Val Thorens to see the Doc rather than risk getting stuck in the wrong valley, and I'm now laid off work for 4-6 weeks, and had planned to go Val D'Isere in 3 Crying or Very sad

luckily.... we hadnt booked it yet rolling eyes

but it doesnt half hurt rolling eyes

now where's that schnapps......
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
...although I'd have thought shorts might be a bit chilly on the piste.

Good luck Fruity, bit worried about the painful route to get you fit for skiing though ....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If your neck can (no pun ) take the strain, try this for the pint.

http://www.frattoys.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=1&P_ID=129&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=68

Might do as a ski helmet as well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
woolders, trouble is it'll only give you a short pint anyway (being American!). It will take 2 x 12oz cans, though, so I suppose it's not a bad deal.

Fruity, I know how you feel - I threw out my lower back three weeks ago (no not in to the dustbin), couldn't sit or lie down, and had to wait two days to get an appointment at the doctors - it's surprising what a difference stronger pain killers make (oh, and the valium Shocked !)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fruity,
Before you do anything else get the name ofrob and sharon's, osteopath and avoid any one who gives you a back support for a twisted knee
Quote:

being slightly more serious, i'd suggest you have a word with your osteopath and see if they can recommend some kind of back support. Mine did for my twisted knee and it meant I got some decent time on the slopes.

Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy