Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys.

I heard a rumor on a previous thread that there are storage lockers at the bottom of the gondola in soldeu.
Cant seem to find the post but can definatly remember it.
Anyway.. Does anybody know if this is true and if so, are they for public use, or just for people staying in the hotel by the lift.

Cheers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
freebie, they are at the base station and well worth using - I have used them twice before. Get there as early as you can on the Sunday you arrive to book your space. If you are staying close by make sure your Hotel / accomodation does not have ski lockers ! They are on the same floor as the Irish Bar and one above the Gondola station.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Right, So I have to book a locker for the entire week?? Thought it would just be like at the gym where you put a pound coin in Confused

Problem is I dont arrive in resort until late on sunday evening Sad
The hotel im staying in is a bit of a trek from the lift so I had hoped I could wear normal trainers for the walk and stash my trainers and ski-boot bag in a locker.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
freebie,
As Paul said they are on the street level just a bit further in than the ski gear shop. They are run by an American called Marvin. However if you are staying in the Sport or Sport Village hotel you are entitled to a free place in a locker, usually under the Sport Village. Otherwise it is €10 per day but it will take up to 5 pairs of skis & boots (if you push hard on the door) Where are you staying? I'll be up there on Sat to Tues and perhaps back Thurs.
BTW it is dumping snow just now Toofy Grin

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 16-02-05 10:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im staying in the Hotel val ski, which I understand is a about 1000m out of the town. Wasn't my ideal choice but it was all that's availiable.

Not going until the start of march.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Never heard of it Confused I've only been going there for the past 29 years, thought I had got to know the place by now rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it's half way between soldeu and el tarter - it's quite possible that the hotel will run courtesy buses in which case you won;t have to walk up in trainers, although itmay hamper apres ski

they also used to have lockers at the top of the soldeu gondola
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah they do run a free bus service, but its only once at 9am and once at 5pm which is a bit restrictive. Plus I do like my lie in's.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are also lockers at the top and bottom of the El Tarter lifts, freebie. You might find that they are slightly closer Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have stayed at the Val Ski and found it to be a pleasant surprise for the price. Its clean enough, food was fantastic only disadvantage is that it is a good 2k walk from the slope but hey that’s what the bus is for. One warning, do not book a taxi from the hotel. Resort to hotel =4 Euro , Hotel to Resort = 25 euro as they charge from the capital if you are not careful. The Aspen bar was my favorite nite spot though the one closest to the slope (Ice bar I think) is great at 5 for happy hour! Well worth the locker, something like 50 euro for the week, its no more than 10 quid each between 4!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dtsufc,

Am I right in saying that the bus only runs twice a day?? Thats a bit of a pain if you miss it. Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I haven't been there since Jan 2002, but then there were regular (about 2 an hour) free busses up and down the road between Soldeau and El-Tarter. They run to about 6:30pm if I remember rightly. After that it was a matter of hailing a lift or getting a taxi.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The busses were quite regular from what i remember, there is a free one which comes every half hour or so and another one which charges something really low like 80cents. the minibus service which you could book at reception anytime between 8 and 10 was a small people carrier, could get 6 in with equip at a push!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy