Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Verbier in a few weeks time. We're on B&B so will be eating out - which restaurants are good? Which are the best bars?

Been there myself but once when quite young and once at start of season when resort was v quiet.

I'll be there the week of the Verbier Ride - have you been there for that before?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie, it's along time since I was in Verbier but I do remember the Offshore bar it had a Volkswagen with a surfboard through the rear window in the middle of the bar, owned by a Swiss/Brazilian guy who was the maddest skier I've ever seen. I'd be surprised if he was still alive. Also remember the Milk bar, the Farm club and Le Pub which is below a Mark Warner chalet. The Chalet Mont Fort was a godd lunch stop. All too many years ago now, I'm not a Verbier fan, as I think Televerbier are the worst lift company in the Alps and that's going some.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David@traxvax,
Quote:

I think Televerbier are the worst lift company in the Alps and that's going some.

that's like me saying that La Rosiere is a series of creaky old drag lifts based on my visit three years ago before the new lifts were put in. wink Nip across some time, I think you'll be impressed by the investment in recent years.

beanie1,
Starting at the top; Pub Mont fort does good bar food upstairs (also last orders 10 which is later than most places) and has a nice litle restaurant down stairs. Opposite the Medran lift: the Relais des Neiges is tradditional and Swiss and very good value. Going down the hill towards the aquare, the Fer a Cheval on the left does great pizza, tends to get a bit full of horray henry types immediately apres, but better later. Le Millennium almost opposite has good proper reastaurnt food, but a bit pricey. Going up the road towards Savolyeres past the Church, Al Capone's do the best pizza in Verbier and a lovely atmosphere.

For a budget meal the restaurant in the sports centre is really good value and the food's great. Listen to my mate John on Rhone FM 103.3 every morning between 0730 and 1030 and find out if there'd a hockey match on, makes a great evening at the sports centre, free hockey good food, cheap beer.

For bars; Pub Mont Fort a must, the Wonder Bar down past the co-op towards Pathiers is really lively and popular with saisonniares. Farinet is the big apres bar. If you go across to Bruson, which is highly recommended if you have a dump or winds shut some of the Verbier lifts, stop off in Le Chable and visit Le Rosbif, in the square, newly opened by the aforementioned John, super bar, tell him Sparky sent you and have a beer on me! Then you just walk across and get the lift back up to the Medran.

On the hill, Cabane Mont Fort is good. 1936 is a little tent under the Mayenzet chair on the run home and is cool. Chez Dany, not easy to find but worth it for the run through the trees. Carrefour, just over the golf course from 1936 has a great view. In the Savolyeres sector, Chez Simon beside the Nord chair is lovely, but the service has been a bit iffy this season. On the other side on the way back to Verbier both Namaste and the Marmotte are execellent.

Pop into the tourist office and get the little restaurants booklet. Has all the phone numbers and ring ahead and book if there's going to be more than two of you.

Have a great time, the skiing's pretty good there too!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve Sparks,

Cheers! I can't wait.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, another question - do you need a photo for a week's ski pass in Verbier?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, they scan it in though so a driver's licence or passport or other photo i.d. will work. Get a 4 vallees pass as well only way to get up to mont fort
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy