Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost Ski Pass Courcheval

Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I'd let you know of my friend's experience while we were in Courcheval last week. She lost her ski pass on day two of our holiday, a full 3 valleys pass. Between us, we had never had experience of this before. She guessed she had lost it somewhere near La Tania. After visiting the pass office the following morning, they offered her a pass for the rest of the week at half price, with a refund if the pass was handed in. Lo and beyond, on Friday the pass was handed into the 1850 office and they gave her the refund. Was very efficient and friendly, they asked for no identification or proof that she had bought an original pass. As well as that, I think the 3 valleys lift staff have all been on PR courses, have never experience such friendly staff! All in all, had a brilliant time. Always like to pass on positive experiences.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well done sallyanne, I do like good news stories, Why cant the UK press do the same
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sallyanne,

In La Plagne when you buy an area pass they give you a booklet asking you to fill in a ref number of the pass in case of loss. You store the ref number in a safe place and they promise to give you another pass free as you have the proof you are the originator of the pass. Sounds very good in theory but never had to test it
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Because good news isn't a good story! Shame isn't it. We had a lovely time, are probably going back for Christmas.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's nice of them! In Tignes my old-style paper lift pass caught on the chair lift and ripped off, drifting down somewhere unknown at the top of the mountain. Nipped back to lift office, forked over full price for remaining 4.5 days. Hoofed back up the slopes, keeping an eagle eye out for the rogue liftpass. Eventually spotted it in the wild white yonder. Left skis with pisteur and rummaged for 15 exhausting minutes down a steep unpisted mountainside in order to retrieve said pass. Got all my money back. But: it snowed that afternoon, so if I'd left retrieval to the pisteurs/passing skiiers, my original pass wouldn't have ever been found until the spring thaw..... Moral of story: got myself a see-thru armband thingee for holding old-style lift passes. Looks daft, works a treat.

JT, I don't know many people who've had to test it with electronic passes - probably cause the pass never has to leave one's pocket???!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT, sounds very much like the system in Fernie - th elift oas has a strip at thebottom that you rip off and keep safe. if you lose your pass, as I did, the strip is proof if pourchaze and even has a barcode so they can simply and efficiently replace your pass free of charge. took me about ten minutes from realising I'd lost the pass to ski down, get to the office, geta new pass and get back to the chair.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Manda,
I'm sure its been done!!!

Anyway a good idea from the lift co, I think
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
one of our group lost her pass in Tignes this year - got ripped off one of those retractable cord things.

anyway, it was almost the last run of the day and so she was happy to go for a hot chocolate and call it quits. in the morning she went to the lift pass office and asked if it had been handed in. she was told to go to the lift office at the bottom of he funicular where, lo and behold, they had her pass waiting for her - very happy she was too.

not sure what they would have done if it was not there, but it shows that all is not lost
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are some good people out there. Mrs Z lost her pass in Chamonix a couple of years ago and it had been handed in to the ticket office at the bottom of Brevent. We were all set to pay for a new one, so that was some relief.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got a season pass in St Anton. Apparently if I lose it and it is not handed in then the ONLY way I can get a replacement is to produce the (tiny, flimsy) receipt. Needless to say the receipt is stored in a safe place.

That said it supposedly can not be used by anyone else because when I pass through the electronic gates my photo (stored on the card) pops up on a screen which also contains a CCTV picture of me taken as I pass through the gate.

Big Austrian brother?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We were told by our TO (Silver Ski)that the La Plagne electronic pass was ok if lost as the TO had the number and receipt for each pass and that the old one would be cancelled as soon as it was reported lost. Seems fairly simple to me. The hands free passes were brill, especially with kids.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One of our group lost a handsfree pass in Soll a couple of years back on the first night (before even skiing) somewhere between getting it off the rep and the pub. He had to pay full price for a new one but could have a refund if he found the old one.
Come the end of the first day we're going through the story with him and he gets to the part where he goes "...and I put it straight in my left inside jacket pocket so it would be safe..." and discovered a second pocket within the first, containing the missing pass. Off he trots to the ski office and they ran both passes through the scanner and gave him a full refund on the unused one, even the day spent with 2 passes.
Apparantly if we'd bought the passes direct from the office there would have been receipts and numbers to track so they could have cancelled the old one and reissued it on a fresh card for a small fee but as we'd bought them through the rep (for the same price) it would have been impossible to cancell it, lucky he found it really.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you take out the Carte or Carre neige insurance (another thread) your lift pass is covered if you lose it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jane, yet another reason to take it out then.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Well done sallyanne, I do like good news stories, Why cant the UK press do the same

They should replace any photo lift pass without quibbling. The practise of partial refunds has been dubbed 'abusive' by the French government no less.
snow report
i lost a hands free season pass in Les Saisies, and although I could not find the original receipt it was replaced, as they can simply cancel the original, so that nobody else can use it (and possibly arrange for an electronically operated cage to drop over the head of the offender who had tried to use it). I had my credit card bill with the transaction listed, as I had bought the pass in November, at a special promotional rate. If I had had the receipt it would have been very straightforward, but although I had to make a couple of trips to the lift pass office, as the system is new and some of the more junior staff didn't know what to do, everyone was very pleasant and helpful and they gave me a temporary replacement pass for the next day. I had also had to talk my way back on four different lifts, back to our base, and all the lift operators were co-operative. The restaurant where we had had a drink just before I lost it, looked all over when I went back and took my phone number to contact me if anyone handed it in. All in all, a much more pleasant experience than I feared when I realised, with a major sinking feeling, that I had lost it.
ski holidays
I arrived in Chamonix one evening last season but early enough to go and buy a 3 day ticket so I didn't have to queue the following day. My friend did the same. Imagine her surprise when she couldn't get through the barrier on the 3rd day.

Whilst the ticket office accepted straight away that she wouldn't have bought a ticket at about 5pm and expected to ski that day (the lifts having already closed), neverthless it was valid a day early and ran out a day early - if you see what I mean.

It took about an hour to get a replacement - as technically the ticket was valid on the day she bought it and so there was nothing wrong with it. But eventually we got the chef de station to authorise a 'complimentary ticket' and were taken via the staff entrance to the head of the now massive queue where other lift users were ushered aside whilst we boarded the nexy lift. They must have thought we were royalty.
snow report
Quote:

They must have thought we were royalty.

... or under arrest ...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy