Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Childcare

Poster: A snowHead
We've been to La Ros a couple of times with Esprit and have found their childcare pretty good

but are there other childcare options available if we were to travel independently??

I've looked at the ESF site - they seem to offer similar options although I'm not sure if they have accompanied lunches and will take the kiddies for the entire day. Does anyone have experience of ESF and know what they offer, especially for 4-8 year olds.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jezzer99, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead . We have a couple of La Ros experts and several who've visited. Stick around and you'll get an answer
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jezzer99, have been 4 times now but also only used Esprit. YOu could look on the La Ros website www.larosiere.net which mentions les Galopins kindergarten. I think some of the other tour operators use this.
(going somewhere else next year, we've outgrown Esprtit!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jezzer99 we've had guests use Les Galopins very happily. They take children from 18 months aand can also link up with ESF lessons, so they take the kids to and from ski school, give them lunch then look after them until Mum and Dad return. It is popular with French visitors so it does get booked up quickly, you can book online. We also have access to a list of child-minders who will look after children either in their own homes or your chalet. Again, we've only had positive experiences.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like Les Galopins may work for us.

helenjane, We won't outgrow Esprit for a few years yet but I haven't found them entirely satisfactory. Its always the little things, that are so easily fixable, that let them down year after year [in my opinion]. If it wasn't for the childcare ...... need I say more.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jezzer99, exactly the reason we're off them - childcare great but chalet...... Letter on way after this year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jezzer99, helenjane,

Thanks for posting about your experiences with Esprit. I have been considering them for April as we have a baby now and so need childcare...we normally go independently so the whole tour operator thing will be new to us.

After your comments though I'll look again at Mark Warner....perhaps they are better at the non-childcare aspects??

Or maybe we try Esprit and be prepared to put up with other things in order to get the good childcare!

It's not easy knowing what to do for the best.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, with Esprit very much depends on who runs chalet- last year great but more "mature" team who knew what they were doing. This year no one over 20 catering for us so no life experience let alone decent training. A bit pot luck really.No experience of nursery but snow club excellent this year - take your chance!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
helenjane, spot on. We've been with them on 3 occassions now and in the main the childcare has been very good (actually last time it was only OK). The chalet experience has been alright, but that is all.

We'd use them again - after all if the children are happy, that's the main thing.

If anyone is thinking of going Esprit to La Ros, I'd recommend trying for Le Braconnier - ski in/out and it's charming. The childcare is also run from there which is a help. Avoid the Shatzi - although it has nice, large suites, the living room is stark and unpleasant, and the access to various communal areas requires the memorizing of numerous door lock combinations to keep the place secure!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mark Hunter, Ditto ditto !! Did all 4 years in the Brac (2 in room 1 and 2 in room 5 with the "cave" bunk beds)!!1 Lovely chalet , warm, roaring fire when we made it and not too big. if you could only ignore the animals up the stairs... !! Will miss it next year - silverski to La Plagne booked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
helenjane, Which Chalet?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Decided on Topaz in Plagne Soleil as fits our group nicely and also smack in middle of Plagne
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
helenjane, Great position, ski in and out, and great for sledging. The Meleze chair passes within 20 metres of it. A tip, do travel in good footwear as there is a lot, and I mean LOT, of steps to climb on arrival, My suggestion on departure would be top take hard plastic cases, and toboggan down to the car park on them (at 5 in the morning) Very Happy . If you meet any staff from Jasmine then say hello. Just mention the big daft fat bloke. As previously mentioned, if flights & transfer on time they should get you out for a couple of hours on the first Sunday. Walk out the door, clip on the skis whey hey.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, thanks- Mr HJ has been silverski several times on fire brigade beanos, but first for families type hols. Should be good, have booked whole chalet.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
helenjane, Just the thought got me excited and have just e mailed them for next yrs schedules snowHead
snow conditions
good ones booking already on earlybird basis, half term gone in lots!
snow conditions
Mark Hunter, I completely agree.

We did the Schatzi this year and I was quite dissappointed with the communal area. It is completely cut off from the accomodation area and is more like a canteen - no atmosphere. Because the access door to the communal area is effectivelty OUTSIDE !!! you also had to keep an eye out during dinner in case there were any little ones freezing on the doorstep, unable to get past the awkward combination lock. Not a great arrangement for families Crying or Very sad

There were numerous other "issues" too, which is why I'm investigating Esprit alternatives for 2006 Smile
snow report
just waiting for reply to long letter re "issues" with Esprit!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy