Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you expect a beginner to learn in week 1 (sideline)

Poster: A snowHead
kuwait_ian wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, I get a dying horse flanked by two guys with whips. wink
Chicken! Join the party! Quote us, too! NehNeh Razz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kuwait_ian, Would you like me to put you in touch with an analyst friend of mine. I suspect you have some unresolved issues in your life............ wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, group therapy needed - incl PG, ssh and Kramer. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
C'mon, guys, the quoting is therapy! NehNeh Laughing Toofy Grin Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

quoting is therapy

Just thought I'd try it

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 17-02-05 10:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

quoting is therapy

Just thought I'd try it
I was right, wasn't I?!?! wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
G'night, Gracie... Laughing snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool - can we get it in glorious technicolour ??? With a bit of soothing white noise .... or the swishing of skis on spring snow. This ain't a forum it's an art form.
I feel better already. Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Ian Hopkinson, I'm seeing naked ladies. Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kramer, that's grope therapy. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kuwait_ian, can you provide any references/recommendations? wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer, 6 hrs Ive been staring at this bloody screen, not a lady in sight Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, that's cos you haven't paid your sub to Red Hot Dutch
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blimey, just read through this thread. Good to see some insanity has returned.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG,
Quote:

Red Hot Dutch
sorry not familiar, what is this?

wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, I see naked ladies everywhere. It's both my blessing and my curse.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, scroll up and down really, really fast... Laughing

Oh... and turn your head sideways... Embarassed
ski holidays
I can't get any quotes to work recently, but am bitterly disappointed not to have seen Tom Cruise, Bode Miller or Rainer Shoenfelder in any of the nests! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

ps: I wasn't looking for naked ladies!
ski holidays
All - let's get back to the post and stop slagging one another off, please.

Can I suggest a similar situation here in the hope of crystalising your views??

Would it be true to say that...

If you believe the 'middle-aged' couple in Manda's post WERE adequately taught (ie the result is NOT a valid way to judge the standard of instruction), would you apply the same to driving instruction?

My point is that some people learn to drive to a MEASURABLE standard (ie the driving test) with very few lessons and others never reach the standard required - despite using the same instructors (some presumption on my part, I admit). If someone takes 20 hours of driving lessons and fails the test, do they qualify for a refund?? Not as far as I know - I certainly didn't!

For what it's worth, my initial reaction to Manda's post was that the couple had been 'hard done by' and a refund would be reasonable but, as I don't feel the same way about driving instruction, I'm confused now. Puzzled Embarassed
snow conditions
Red Leon,

Oh, bug! I've just read the second & third pages of this thread and now realise the original point is buried so deep in jibberish I probably shouldn't have raised it again.

Sorry! Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
Quote:

the original point is buried so deep in jibberish

Yeah, I've found that happens a lot on snowHeads Laughing

Red Leon,
Quote:

I've just read the second & third pages of this thread

Don't worry, I think we've all done it. You think it's the end of the thread and it's not. There ought to be a big sign to alert us all!
snow conditions
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend
THE END
snow report
Red Leon, the point of posting my description was NOT (despite some poster's assumptions to the contrary) to encourage debate about whether Snowheads can be expected to judge whether the learners had been hard-done by. It was to explain that the learners HAD been hard done by, and then to ask whether anyone has had an experience of shoddy first week instruction with EFS, and if so had they taken it up with EFS.

But only a few people were particularly interested in the point of my post.....as you have seen. You live and you learn.
snow report
Manda, in your opinion they had been hard done by, an opinion not necessarily shared by everyone.
ski holidays
This is classic trolling. More fool me (and maybe one or two others?) to have allowed myself to be sucked in in the first place. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Manda, PG will never take anything you say seriously until you start spelling ESF right snowHead

PG, Manda once said a post of mine was "absolute bollox", but I didn't take offence because I knew I was right! I don't actually think she is a troll, but she's just one of the more blunt/honest/argumentative posters here (delete as appropriate), and there are others I could name....
latest report
Plake, go on, I dare you wink

It's all down to stats in the end. Just think on this - for "some people" 98% of posts are responses providing people with the information they seek, or general information to the forum. That can represent a helluva lot of time and effort. As for trolls, you'll rarely find a helpful post.
snow conditions
Manda, how do you respond to the accusation of being a troll?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer, yeah, I was partly hoping for other people's opinion as to whether they had been hard done by - although I stick by my conclusion that they were, and I'm annoyed that some posters appear not to like negative comments about ESF (ok, I spelled it wrong - shoot me), and accordingy try to undermine the credibility of the exercise.

Re: trolls - PG said he thought "it" was classic trolling. Dunno what he meant to mean by "it", but incidentally my originating post wasn't trolling. Plake said he didn't think I was a troll. So, Ray Zorro are you accusing me of being a troll? (oo er - Is THAT trolling? wink )
ski holidays
Manda, If you are a troll how do you ski? I thought trolls turned to stone if seen by the sun - or have you been here for the last few days where the sun don't shine? Puzzled

Frosty the Snowman, Another Doors fan? Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
easiski, the wonders of very high factor suncream I expect, I understand vampires have a similar problem
ski holidays
PG, I don't think that is fair to dismiss Manda's comments as trolling, just cos you don't agree with them and she is prepared to argue her point. How do you reckon it is trolling? Personally I would have found your comment to be quite insulting.
latest report
I accept that you don't think it is fair. Perhaps the Courchevel avalanche thread might have been a better example.
latest report
Ah, having now read that thread I can understand your comments PG. Trolling though? I don't think so, trolling involves an element of maliciousness whereas I think this is naivety mixed in with unfounded confidence/arrogance. I won't continue this discussion any further though, or contribute to that one - there's a lot I could say about tragedies but it's already been said.
snow report
Cathy Coins, I'm not even sure the classic Internet/Usenet troll really involves any malice actually, it's just looking for a reaction which at some levels isn't such a bad thing. However, you're quite right, by any measure it wasn't trolling, it was exactly what you described as.
snow report
I have seen slightly more inclusive definitions of the term, but of course you may well both be right as to the level of intent in this case.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy