Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes, Autumn interseason & winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
A new thread for this coming season and the wind upto it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski,

Well, any sign of snow yet?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, Good idea with the new thread!

No sign of snow in resort yet, blue skies again today. Hopefully there is some snow on the glacier for this weekend!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jezzy, The webcam looked pretty stormy this afternoon - any joy? I've seen a dusting on the summits a few times, but it doesn't look like much. Is the ground starting to freeze? Have all the voles disappeared? (you understand that Ioda wants to know about that rolling eyes ) Good luck for the weekend, be sure to let us know.

johnboy, I'm not there - Jezzy and Lizzard are the peeps on the spot. Jezzy is taking up the baton very well. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I am pleased to report that there is a nice view of snow on the mountain! The Super D looks well covered and there is a light covering at the top of the Diable. I've had frost on the windscreen every morning so far but I don't think the ground has been freezing down to resort level just yet.
I'm not sure about voles, I haven't seen any but will keep an eye out!!
Hopefully the weather will be good this weekend, I'll try and get some photos up then!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jezzy, plenty over the Col in Serre Chevalier this morning looking at the webcams. Have they not switched on the glacier cameras yet?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Woohooo! Look at these webcams: www.oisans.com snow on the top of Pied Moutet and nearly down to the village - soooooooooooo exciting!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah I got an email from snowguess last night suggesting a decent fall in L2A. It was useful as it reminded me to change the resort for this season. Nice to see them getting it right for once!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, we might be heading over for a ski at the end of next week.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, If there's a bit more snow it would be brilliant. At any rate it looked like more than a few cms at the higher altitudes. The LDA website showed ADH well covered. Have fun. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We want pics, Jezzy!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll get some pics sorted out in the next couple of days!! There isn't much to see at the moment, cloud covering the lower slopes. I'm hoping to get up tomorrow though and will take some photos. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lovely, gorgeous, beautiful sunshiny day here today, but lifts closed, presumably due to high winds on top (no wind on our balcony though).

Ah well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
70km wind at the top. Twisted Evil

May have to go for a walk.
ski holidays
You're welcome to pop round for a coffee.
snow report
David Ash, ta, but we went for a stroll up towards one of the glaciers round La Berarde. Fabulous day!
ski holidays
We were boring and both worked. Internet good, internet bad?
ski holidays
David Ash, Pix please! ps: Fran and Pauline are going to be out this weekend/next week as well. I'm not jealous at all. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
Hope this works

Very nice day today and all for 25 euros (Rock on Snowboard offer).

snow report
oooh - looks lovely.... why isn't there a drooling smiley snowHead
latest report
I was told last night that the snow is in excellent condition, and the slopes are very quiet.
snow conditions
Here we are:

Bottom of the Cretes ....

...... and the top half .......

.... then the bottom of La Thuit ....

.... and finally the glacier runs.
ski holidays
Lizzard, snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Lizzard, nice to see a couple of people getting tracks down Thuit in October.
snow conditions
Swirly, SRSLY? Wink

looks like MTB runs to me
ski holidays
Arno, it is indeed the bike track. Laughing
ski holidays
We cycled down there in the August Very Happy

David Ash, Lizzard, Not jealous at all Razz
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, they still put tracks in, early practice for the Derby?
snow conditions
Lizzard, I think a trip across on Sat or Sunday is definitely on now. Can't make it any earlier unfortunately.
snow conditions
Lizzard, David Ash, Thanks for the pix. There'sa an amazing amount of snow at the lower altitudes - wow - looking good. Most of it should melt back though and then snow again. I'm really hoping for a good snow winter - especially now I can try my road in the snow with Ugly Betty. Laughing
snow report
OK, do we go or not? I can't find any info on times or prices of lift passes online. Don't seem to be able to recharge our passes online either. I don't really fancy queuing for them.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, it's a single tariff of 25€ for the day. Open from 08:30 to 16:30. I wouldn't expect huge queues.
snow conditions
Lizzard, thanks. I've trawled the web for ages, now I have to decide if it's worth rescuing my ski gear from the cave.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, YES - GO - TAKE PIX Very Happy
ski holidays
Do they do a one hour pass? (will be arriving 15.20ish 13th Dec and would love to pop this season's cherry on arrival and get a feel for my new skis and new boots before group skiing on the Monday)
snow conditions
truffaut, see earlier post. -i t's a single tariff of 25€ for the day. Pay attention! Laughing
snow conditions
truffaut, you could use the 'free' drags at resort level though, snow/cannons permitting wink

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 1-11-09 10:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
rayscoops, what's the church got to do with it?
latest report
Lizzard, Puzzled wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy