Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intermediate (just) Ski purchase advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Peeps
Am considering buying some again. Last pair are well out of date straights that have stayed in the cupboard for the last 3 yrs. I am an on piste only, gentle skier with very poorly knees, but quite happy on reds. Complications are that I am 6ft 5 and 125 kg. Any advice on suitable skis & bindings would be appreciated.
Next, where should I buy; local shop, internet, La Rosiere in March
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your skiing level suggests you should go for a softer (easier to turn) ski while your physical dimensions suggest you will need a more substantial ski.

My advice would be for you to demo a few different pairs before you buy. Some shops will knock the cost of rental from the skis if you do buy. If you don't ask you don't get.

Atomic (Metron B5 & 9 etc) and Fischer (RX9) are making some cracking piste skis at the moment.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty, there is a very good ski shop in La Rosiere, Twinners run by Phillipe Frenois. He has a good selection of skis and is very helpful, he also speaks good English, tell him we recommended him, he'll be surte to charge you more.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman,

I would do as David@traxvax, says, that is turn up and demo in the resort and ask the guy
if he will knock off the hire charge if you buy.
Not too sure of which skis suit you but if you can talk to the technician and tell him what you want and you are looking to buy, it is in his interest to set you on the right path.
Also, at this time of year which is end of season for the shops, you are looking for a deal as well.

Look at Head IRC800 if you can find it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, JT, Many thanks, I shall do exactly as you suggest.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman,
Good luck, and if the shop aren't very deal friendly look at other shops. Be a bit ruthless as you are the buyer and can shop around...!!
I say this generally as I don't know David's shop.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy