Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Elan M666 review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought some Elan M666 skis before christmas but didn't want to use them as there were a few pebbles around.

First day we had 2ft of powder and skied it all day I was pleased with the way the skis performed, good floatation no submarineing and easy to turn, however some walking was required to access the totally untracked bits, they are noticeably heavier than my old X-screams. (not the new spaceframe ones which are cr*p) Sad
As the week progressed the pistes got harder so I was able to compare their grip which was excellent. As an all round carver I can't fault them, they are very stable at speed, probably due to their weight which also helps them cut through the crud without being knocked off line.
I don't like having to take the Elan intergrated bindings (made by Tyrollia) as they just seem excessively heavy.
I bought the 176 length 116 x 76 x 102 R17.8 but feel that I could perhaps have skied the shorter length. My wife has the 168's with R16.1 the difference in radius is very noticeable when trying to follow her tracks. I am going to try her shorter skis next time (10 day time) the bindings are adjustable for any boot size.
Overall I would recommend this ski, it is easy to get on with and has no vices, so far. Well perhaps one rolling eyes with the turned up tails they are a pain to get in the gondola racks Embarassed
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the review, I wanted to know how it performed as the concensus on here was it that it was to be considered as an all-rounder along the lines of B2, metrons b5, 724exp etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT,
I have not skied any of the skis you have mentioned, but the B5's are even heavier and seem to be stiffer than the 666's when applying the scientific test of flexing them in the shop wink B2's I have heard are not so good when the going get a bit hard underfoot and the 724exp's I was lead to believe where more onpiste orientated. Oh yes, and another fact in the decision was the price €880 for 2 pair and that included 2 free day passes for Val Nord ie. Pal, Ordino, Arinsal etc. I must admit to being impressed they seem to do all things well and without fuss. BTW I have no connection with Elan other than being a happy user.
I'll report back once I have skied the shorter length.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy