Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Woohoo.... Lots of snow in the area yesterday and temperatures much colder today. More snow forecast for the rest of the week and weekend!!!

According to Televerbier they will make a decision tomorrow whether to open this weekend and if not it will probably be the weekend after (14th/15th). It's usually Lac de Vaux and the runs down to Jumbo.

Here's to a great season!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Webcams: http://www.verbinet.com/webcam.php
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good stuff, should be heading out in about 5 weeks.
snow report
 brian
brian
bobinch, Very Happy

This seems like a good spot for snow station data for the Lower Valais

and the avvy bulletin will be here when they start issuing it.

Let it snow. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, the slf website is ace. We use snowforecast for the 6 and 9 day forecast, local forecasts eg http://chamonix-meteo.com/bul/metPreMatEn.php for the 3 days and less and SLF for seeing where it actually did snow. After a big dump we often see major differences between what actually fell in Zermatt, Verbier, Portes du Soleil and Argentiere. If you're choosing where to go for a powder day that info is priceless!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bobinch,
Quote:

It's usually Lac de Vaux and the runs down to Jumbo.

I think you mean funispace. It was snowing nicely in the place centrale Monday lunchtime and was bloody freezing.
latest report
 brian
brian
bobinch, it is indeed.

meteoblue is pretty useful too,

http://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/more-maps/switzerland/

btw, Zinal opens at weekends from Saturday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, thanks for that meteoblue link.

Says here that Zinal opening on 14th http://www.rma.ch/anniviers/suisse/ski-valais/skiez-zinal-novembre.html

Verbier are delaying until tomorrow to decide. We're off to Nendaz this weekend to build Ikea furniture for a mate who's had a chalet built in Nendaz. Will be taking the skis and hoping for the first ski touring of the season...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Verbier are opening this weekend! La Vaux only as usual I think.

Pictures from yesterday & today! It won't embed the images annoyingly.
pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6
pic7
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
scottishskier, Good news! Are you there for the season? May need to change your signature Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It may be Lac De Vaux only (officially), but I suspect that they may be the odd person going from Olympic to Ruinettes too looking at those photos!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
love the photos, getting TOO excited by the prospect of getting out there in a few weeks.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The photos are not mine, just off the televerbier website. Wish I was there already. Not in verbier for the season but will be staying with Gorilla & Swirly in Nendaz for a month from 12th december. Possibly back out later in the season too. I'm guessing you are there for the season bobinch?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alas not a saisonnier but live close enough to ski most weekends.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking good already....

http://verbierbooking.com/gallery/index.php?lang_id=1

Lots more forecast for Saturday day and night. If there's some visibility Sunday should be pretty tasty Very Happy
ski holidays
Skiing was good on Sunday up at Lac de Vaux (not quite as good as Tignes which had about 60cm last week Very Happy ) and it is possible to ski down to Ruinette though it is not officially open and there are quite a lot of stones still coming through on the piste. Quite a few people going off piste though not recommended and there was one person who had to be air lifted off with a broken back (he’s ok, just going to be in a body cast for 5 months) on Saturday. Been cloudy all day on Monday with some light snow/rain in the village.
ski holidays
dom, thanks for the update. We were in Nendaz and there was only about 5-10cm on Saturday night. There seems to have been more further west as Glacier 3000 was reporting 20cm. This morning there is fresh snow down to about 800m around Lac Leman. Not sure how much. Hopefully a bit more this weekend.
snow conditions
Verbier will be open this weekend:
Le Chable-Verb-Ruinettes just as a link
Skiing in Lac de Vaus and Attelas-Ruinettes

Pland to open again the weekend after and then open full time from 28th November.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some pictures from Lac de Vaux today.

Snow suprisingly good. A few cm of powder off piste although rocks ever present. Pistes a bit hard first thing due to snow making but softened up in the sun.
latest report
Thanks for the photos bobinch
I am there in 3 weeks today! Hope there is some good snow between now and then. Can't wait!!!
snow report
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool photos.
latest report
I don't think I have ever seen Lac de Vaux with the combo of snow and lake.
I've been there loads and loads of times in the winter and the lake has always been frozen, even at the end of April, and in the summer obviously lake but no snow.

I like it....nice peicture.
snow report
Basically relatively warm weather and no snow forecast for the next week... I'm there in under 4 weeks so the snow must hurry up and arrive big time. Laughing
latest report
Even before last weekend there really hadn't been much snow and the conditions were surprisingly good. Despite high temperatures over the last few days it looks like it will cool down again at the end of November which with a spot of luck will leave nice conditions for those of you coming out in December.

From the posts it seems Swirly, Gorilla and Scottishskier will be in Nendaz and gilo, touchguru, RPF and 1556garyt are out in December. Dom possibly local? Rungsp a regular? Any other Snowheads staying in or visiting the Verbier area this season?
snow conditions
I'll be with Swirly, Gorilla and Scottishskier for a week. See how it goes for some trips later in the season snowHead
latest report
i will be there from the 12/12.
ski holidays
I'll be there frequently.
Skidog will be there in a couple of weeks for the whole season working as an instructor.
BGA will probably be there a lot too (if previous seasons are anything to go by)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
o11y, Me (Liverpool) and Scottishskier (Glasgow) are flying into Geneva on the 12th then getting the train to Sion and Swirly is gonna pick us up to take us to Nendaz. If your flying in on one of those flights, we could catch a beer.
latest report
I like seeing a ski area without the snow. Gives me a much better idea of the potential consequences of falling and what's under the snow !

I'll be there (Siviez) hopefully at some point.
ski holidays
thanks kristof, but i am flying in from Gatwick.
latest report
bobinch, rungsp, or anyone else for that matter do you know of a website with bus times for around the area? E.g. for Fionnay to Le Chable and to get back from other places one might end up if skiing away from the lift system.
snow report
Swirly, Is this any use?

http://www.verbinet.com/pdf/verbier/verbier-shuttle-le-chable-fionnay-mauvoisin.pdf
latest report
There are a few more timetables on this page under Car postal

http://www.verbier.ch/En/Resort/Practical-Guide-to-Verbier/
ski holidays
Swirly, just in case waiting for the 3 times a day bus is a bit much you may find the number for Le Chable based Taxi Carron helpful +41 793 424242
latest report
Try using the Swiss Railway timetable it also links the postbus timetable. Here is the link I hope

http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reiselust/int-gaeste/sts.htm

If this doesn't work try googling the SBB website
latest report
RPF, thanks
ski holidays
Going out there two weeks today for the season! Cant wait! Love the look of LDV with the lake without the snow. Stunning photos.
snow report
Lac des Vaux was good last Saturday and although Attelas to Ruinettes was open the snow wasn't great. Lots of runs and not enough coverage. To make matters worse it's been very warm here over the last week.

There is some snow forecast Monday, but Verbier needs quite a bit more yet.

I'm off to Saas-Fee on Saturday where conditions are better.
snow conditions
Just saw the photos - how delicious.

Will be out for the season from 5/12 - best Sinter Klaas present ever (SK's big in Europe, predecessor to Santa Claus!!).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy