Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Connection times - Geneva airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am due to arrive into Geneva from Frankfurt a week on Saturday at about 1415... the next buses to Val d'Isere being at 1530 or 1645.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether I am being too optimistic to book a seat on the 1530 bus or should I resign myself to a long wait at GVA...? Puzzled

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paul, that should be enough time, I've always found Geneva to be an efficient airport, I don't think it's ever taken more than 30-40 minutes for any of our guests to go through immigration and collect their bags. I can't recall ever hearing of anyone losing bags there either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David@traxvax wrote:
Paul, that should be enough time, I've always found Geneva to be an efficient airport, I don't think it's ever taken more than 30-40 minutes for any of our guests to go through immigration and collect their bags. I can't recall ever hearing of anyone losing bags there either.

I have lost bags twice at GVA, once from LHR and once from FRA, both eventually turned up days later. I also have had long waits for baggage. I would not chance getting through in the time Paul has, he who dares I guess!

My experiences are not a recent as David's though.

CP
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've always found Geneva very speedy too and would say you'd probably make it. You're better off looking at your departure airport, and airline's reliability though. Airlines tend to be the ones who lose the bags (or their handlers at the departure airport - often Serviceair), and it's either their plane or congestion that delays flights. Geneva shouldn't be too congested at that time of day - but say Heathrow might be.

On the caution side, there is a reasonable café at Geneva where you can sit outside on a roof terrace (in the rain, probably though), or you can easily get a bus/train to the centre for an hour or so (there will be left luggage lockers in the station).

Flip a coin and see how daring you are! wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skanky, Spot on.............. both instances my bags were mis-handled at the departure airport - the LHR one went on a BA flight to Johannesburgh, it took nearly a week to get it back. Unsure what Lufthansa did with the one from FRA, but I did get it back.

CP
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're flying Ryanair, you needn't worry either as you may never get your bag back at all (my mate didn't).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's all right then they don't fly to Geneva.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax, good point, it's not 40 miles from Geneva so they wouldn't. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Geneva. They've been reasonably punctual in the past, though I'm not sure if I really want to run the risk of having to pay twice for the bus if the flight is late.

I might just get a ticket for the later journey and try and blag my way onto the earlier bus if the flight is on time.

Just have to hope that Altibus will be a little bit flexible!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Paul Dickson, Take the later bus.....You'll be a little later at Val...but much better than rushing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You should be able to make the earlier bus, but why rush? There's a decent enough bar in the railway station concourse where you can pass the time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's always nice to get into town in the early evening and whilst the supermarket is open!

That said, I think I'll just book the later bus and if Lufthansa are kind and we arrive early, see how flexible Altibus are.

Just have to remember to charge up the iPod beforehand Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Which bus are you booking? We went on the altibus one and it said if you didnt pick up tickets half an hour before,they'd automatically re-book you on the next one. So go for the earlier one and you'll be fine even if your late
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I travelled alti bus a few weeks ago from geneva, a bit touch and go wether i made the bus as the ques to get through passport control were very bad. But the bus company does have a desk at the airport and i suppose if you miss the first they will try and get you on the next. The bus stop is only a few yards from the arrival hall. I think you go straight out of door 6 and cross the road and the bus is there. There was a young lad in a red coat checking tickets. Chance it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, it is Altibus and if they do automatically book you onto the next bus then that would be great! Hadn't seen any mention of that on their website, though... might give them a call to confirm!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy