Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhl for Christmas 2005

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of Kitzbuhl for Christmas 2005, or is cheaper/better to go over New Year?

Interested in info on:

snow record?
recommended chatels, hotels, tour operators etc?
booking early v late etc?
want to fly from either East Mids, B'ham or Stansted (in that order of preference)
and any other useful info?

Chris Bish, I need your help Madeye-Smiley

Any alternatives to Kitz for this time of the year would be appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spyderjon, You know what I am going to say!

What are you preferences?

I think you'd have to book early, and Christmas week is cheaper and quiter than new year. I'll give you a more considered reply later after work!

snowHead

Hayley T also knows Kitzbuhel.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went in March so I can't help with the time of year but you can fly to Salzburg from Birmingham with most operators, e.g. Thomsons etc. They weren't actually that great for us (I think there was a bit of arguing and politics between the reosrt staff at the time) but we rarely do trips and we tend to hire equipment separately so we just use them for flights, transfers and hotels.

Hotel Montana is at the bottom of the nursery slopes next to the main Hahnehamm gondola. It's just a few mins walk into town. It has a pool and is a comfortable 3 star hotel.

There is a hill up to the Hahnenkamm gondola so if you don't like walking stay at the Montana or near the nursery slopes where you can ski back easily.

For skiing, I preferred Jochberg area (now accessible from the new gondola I think) as it was quieter and the scenery from the Resterhoe was stunning. Good restaurants over there too. Good red runs and some blacks and bumps.

If snow is an issue, try Saalbach. The village is higher and the Kaprun glacier is down the road if you're really pushed for snow. Fanstastic intermediate skiing also, better than Kitz (sorry Chris!), but the village is smaller with fewer activites.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, the other difference I have found between skiing Christmas and New Years is the that the two weeks tend to attract very different groups.

Christmas seems to be very much a family week ... so there'll be lots of families and kids, and the apres might not be too hopping .. but that might suit you.

Whereas New Years seems to get a lot of large groups of singles who are there to party, so nightlife is probably one of the best weeks of the season.

Kitzbuhel is quite low for that early in the year, but if you're lucky with the snow, I'm sure its a great place to be for Christmas or New Year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy