Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend Jaunt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've lurked around these pages for long enough, its time I actually posted something.
I'm looking to arrange a long weekend trip sometime around mid March and Chamonix seems favourite because of its proximity to Geneva and (I hope) easy to arrange accomodation.

Does anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive B+B's within the town.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clueless, Welcome to Snowheads, I thought I could feel someone skulking around Little Angel
Not sure about your weekend jaunt but I am sure PG would be able to advise you , PG help this new Snowhead Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clueless, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bienvenue. Razz
I'd have thought choosing Chamonix over other options close to geneva depends on what sort of skiing you like to do,and what level of proximity, to your favourite kinds of slopes, you would like whilst you are there for a short time. I only do short trips these days and slick 'admin' as I call it is paramount for the success of the trip. I haven't been but strung out resorts like Cham don't lend themselves to short breaks like some others that will be suggested in following posts by your new friends and kindred spirits.

Just my initial thoughts <- disclaimer so i dont get flamed by someone for expressing it. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix's fine for the weekend, ideal in fact. Very easy access and since I guess you'd get a rental car then the strung out nature of the station which some people dislike won't be a problem.

Flaine, Portes du Soleil, La Clusaz, St Gervais, Les Contamines etc are all close to Geneva as well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been to Chamonix once before and had a ball on the Grand Montet. I'm a strong and confident skier, but not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. My friend however can (and will) knock spots off me on the mountain. The idea is to exhaust ourselves with three days of challenging, mostly on or between piste skiing before having a few beers and collapsing. It seemed to be that Chamonix would be ideal because
1. Being a town rather than a mountain village it may be easier to find accomodation by the night.
2. The bus will take us to and from Argentiere

I'm open to suggestions though
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can't say about accommodation by the night in Chamonix but if you did have a car then staying elsewhere becomes feasible - eg the Campanile, Formule 1 etc. in Annemasse. That type of accommdation is not available in Chamonix as far as I know, but that's not very far Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy