Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

arc aventure/new generation in les arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If anyone has used either in Les Arcs this season, please let me know their experiences (names of good (or bad rolling eyes ) instructors etc.).

How long does it take to go from centre of 1800 to Vallandry? Would you make a 0915 lesson?
Madeye-Smiley
Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmm... interesting question. I'm about to book the wife in with arc aventures, so would be interested to hear if anyone has anything positive/negative to say about the ski school.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think it is possible to get to Vallandry from 1800 in time for a 9.15 lesson. My brother-in-law is in 1800 this week and booked New Gen lessons to start at 11.15 (perhaps 11.30) as he didn't think that he could guarantee to get to the earlier lesson on time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges, as Rob says, although the lifts start at 9am (usually means 9.05am) now, you'll be barely at the top of the Vagères or at the Transarc midstation by 9.15am, and then you've got to ski all the way down. You'd be pushing it to get there by 9.30am.

I've heard good things about New Gen, and John Thomas is a good bloke to drink with (and a recent recruit to snowHeads). However, if anyone does end up taking a lesson, remind him he owes me a phone call! Toofy Grin

As for Arc Aventures, I've had good reports back from guests that have used them. Any problems let me know, the guy who runs it is a friend.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG wrote:
I've heard good things about New Gen, and John Thomas is a good bloke to drink with (and a recent recruit to snowHeads). However, if anyone does end up taking a lesson, remind him he owes me a phone call! Toofy Grin

My brother-in-law is in a class with NewGen this week and I've asked him to remind John that you are expecting a phone call. I've given him your mobile phone number to pass on.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. My wife says "I told you so". I've booked 1800 so I guess I'll have to go with Arc Aventures unless NewGen have clinics starting later. Or I could go private...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
slikedges, I had the pleasure of shadowing John Thomas for a little while a couple of weeks ago and I can only comment on his teaching style, which was clear, informative, inclusive of the whole group yet able to target specifics for individuals (which is very difficult to do without neglecting others in the group). The tempo was great, there was very little time wasted standing around and he spent equal time observing all the members of the group. I’ll be happy to book lessons with him. As for his skiing I’m certainly no judge, but fluid and effortless are the first two adjectives I’d use. Yep, I was impressed and if the rest of the team are anywhere near the same class of customer support it’ll be a very good organisation to patonise.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, thank you, that is as good a testimonial as I'll get!

rob@rar.org.uk, how did your bro-in-law fare?

m00958, has your wife been been yet?

Anyother Snowheads had experiences of the NewGen team, Arc Aventures or other ski instruction in Les Arcs?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
slikedges, I'm afraid not. We're not going until 12th March. Will be able to let people know when we get back, or maybe while there Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
slikedges, my b-i-l was very happy with the tuition. There were four in his class (a NewGen Level 5) and he felt he made a lot of progress. He has previously had a week with ESF in Flaine and a couple of weeks with Ski Supreme in Courchevel and he felt this was the best teaching he's had to date. His description of John's abilities was similar to what Masque observed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going to Les Arcs in early April - staying in 2000, and probably looking to get 1/2 a day tuition. Is it possible/sensible to get down to New Gen, and how long will it take? Oh, and I haven't booked anything yet - am I too late (yes, I know I can always call, but gut feeling?)

Cheers all.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Legal Steve, you'd have a job getting down for the morning session, but why not the afternoon? You can PM John of New Gen, he's a snowHead, recruited to the cause a few weeks back. Have one of Flying Squirrel's excellent steak and chips in Plan Peisey first, while you're waiting for the lesson!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks - will do.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy