Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kinderparadies creche in zermatt? Childcare generally?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Long shot but just wondered if anyone has any experience of the above?

Zermatt is our 'usual' haunt but now we have baby too!

I will probably only need childcare for half days and even then maybe not every day!

I can't decide whether to leave Matthew who will be just 4 months with a resort creche or go with an operator such as Esprit or Mark Warner who have their own creches.

Alternatively Meriski do a private nanny service in Meribel.

Or Merinannies.co.uk provide creche/nannies throughout the 3 valleys or Kids Etcetera.co.uk the same but in Meribel/La Tania only.

Final option is to take Grandma!!

Also we are likely to go towards end of the season say around April 10th so I am a bit nervous about snow in Meribel

Has anyone used any of the above? ANyone have any tips generally?

Thank you! Advice much appreciated!

Sarah
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, I definitely wouldn't go to Meribel that far into April. It's often slushed and thawed out by then.

I've often recommended the childcare facilities in Hotel Cachette, Arc 1600. Very long established, expert care, brilliant family hotel, great food (at least all these things were true when we visited, on recommendation). There's usually adequate snow down to the village then (and Arc 1600 is actually quite an intimate place for a modern resort) and you can take the funicular down to Bourg St Maurice for some evening fun and shopping, as could grandma for daytime jaunts (+ trains/buses along the valley to the other towns like Annecy)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David,

Thank you, you confirmed what I thought about Meribel late season.

I shall look at Hotel Cachette. Been to Arc 1800 many many years ago, but never 1650.

We are still leaning towards returning to Zermatt though, I remembered I have a friend going out next week and I shall ask her to go and check out the resort creche for me!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah,

If it's not too late (this post has been sitting on Page 3) try the Nicolletta in Zermatt. They struck me as being very child-friendly. They are in the center of town, and it all looked good last time I was there.

And by the way that's a very cute photo of your baby on the other post. I'm especially impressed with your husband's ability to post a photo onto the discussion board.

John Cacavas
Los Angeles, California
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy