Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bormio, Italy.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Although the World Ski Championships are currently going on there, Bormio's skiing seems to have little or no coverage in the general ski world. Has anyone been there recently, or to any of the ski area satelites, (St Catrina, & Livignio).

What did you think of the area and would you go back?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've heard the skiing in Bormio is very good and I have a friend who raves about the village/town itself but you're right, it doesn't have much coverage in ski brochures (Inghams do go there though)....

....maybe it's worth a try colin

Do a google search for more info

Inga
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's not in our snowBase resorts database. Here's what seems to be the official website http://www.bormio.com/ Here is the piste map for Bormio itself. http://www.sib.bormio.it/skiarea.htm but you'll need a microscope. And here's a listing of the pistes - http://www.sib.bormio.it/piste.htm. 16 of them only so it's not a big place.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My brother has been there, he said it was good although somewhat limited skiing. All the snow is well above the town level as you might have noticed if you say the World Championships.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A couple of friends were there last year and were not so impressed. The town is nice with loads of character, great food and wine, but the crowd tends to be of the "ladies clad in fur" type. The snow cover is not great, and it is pretty dark and bleak as it is all north facing. not bad, but bot great either
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been there for a week and found the town delightful. There is a marvellous restaurant called the Resiga which must not be missed. Another highlight is the Roman baths and natural thermal springs. I was there at a February half-term (2001, I think)and it was 20 degrees plus everyday and the only snow was a strip of artificial like sugar cubes down the middle of the piste. Hardly fair to judge it in such conditions, but it seems much the same this year from TV.

Bev loved the ambiance, but it isn't reliable for snow from my point of view. Hardly fair to judge it from one week, but there are lots of places I'd go first.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone! I'm told the ski touring in the surounding Ortles Mtns is pretty extensive and goes up to 4,000m so we're off there after out last guest here leaves on April 5th.

Even if the skiing isn't too great it will be a pleasure to drink some cheap vino rosso and eat some real fromagio.. ( Canadian made cheese is, apart from the soap simulation sold in the USA, really the most revolting tasteless stuff I have ever encountered.) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
colinmcc wrote:
Canadian made cheese is, apart from the soap simulation sold in the USA, really the most revolting tasteless stuff I have ever encountered.) Madeye-Smiley

You've obviously not been to Germany Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Five of us skiied Bormio last year. Had a great time, excellent snow, if a bit cold at the very top of the mountain (-30C). Town itself v beautiful. I'd certainly recommend it
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy