Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head iXRC 1100 SW review.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.head.com/ski/366_891_ENG_HTML.php

OK, let's get the name out of the way first - this is the Sandwich version of the ski, not the Cap/Railflex version, and mine are 170cm long.
They were bought from Scott at Village Bike & Ski in Oregon
http://www.villagebikeandski.com/html/ski.html
for £348 (according to my credit card bill) inc. bindings.
Bindings are the Tyrollia Free Flex Plus 14, traditional style, screwed into the mounting plates. For me, they are at 7.5.

So, on the negative side:
these skis have NO back seat. Get back at all, and they'll throw you.

On the positive side:
When I bought them, Scott challenged me to find the top end of these skis.
I tried.
I tried hard.
I pushed them.
They just kept on going.
I couldn't find their limit.
These skis are FAST.
Edging/Carving: I couldn't fault them. Nolo did. Cause when she wanted us to ski slowly, I just wanted to get them on edge and open up. They are just too much fun. Very Happy
Straight lining: Well, I never even bothered to try. Keeping them on the edges was so much fun, I didn't even try.
Bumps: I thought they might be a bit stiff for bumps, but they were more than up to my ability.
Powder: Didn't have any deep stuff to try them on, but on the last day in Big Sky, there was a couple of inches, and they certainly found their way through it.

To Summarise:
These skis, in this length, are the best ski for me on piste at the minute. I found it hard not to grin and laugh as I enjoyed them, but they kept me on my toes. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WTFH, I tried out the XRCi 800 earlier this year and rated them. I think I recall that you've also tried them. If so, what're the basic differences?

Have to say, from your report, sounds like they would be worth a look.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark Hunter, the 800 is a bit more forgiving, so you can get away with a few more mistakes.
It probably has a lower top end, but that's like saying: The speed limit is 70, do you want a car that can do 140 or 190?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, will look out for them next time around.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WTFH - I have to agree with all your comments. I have just finished my first week on my pair (mine have the railflex 2 bindings and 170 long). I have not had so much fun on skis and now understand what is meant by "these skis grip" . My review would simply be FUN, FUN, FUN. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy