Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff / Lake Louise Lessons recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have decide I can afford some lessons on my next trip, does anyone know any private teachers or independent ski schools that are good and reasonably priced.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I recommend Adam Mather at Lake Louise ski school, he's a British guy, very sweet and has given me a huge amount of confidence (oh and he gets the hot chocolates in when it's minus 50 with wind chill!) - one quote in particular "Alex, show the mountain who's boss" - 10 seconds later I face-planted... uh, the mountain won! snowHead Also the guy with bleach blond hair (from London) can't remember his name (John maybe?) but friends really like him and I skiied with him once - full of encouragement.

A course of 3 morning group lessons (max number 6) was last year 199 CAD plus tax. You can also do a 1.5 hour private early bird for around 100 CAD - this is a great option as you start at 8:30 and the lifts don't open to the public until 9!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm also going to add Tyson (Canadian guy looks about 15) who is fantastic with nervous learners - and anyone else for that matter (again he's based at Louise) - he's so good that last year he was shipped out to Sunshine to teach the candian pm's kids to ski!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My parents have had a number of lessons with an older gent called Henning, he seems to be very good for middle aged ish skiers who just are out for recreation.....

ad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello Russell, in my experince, most of those employed in the Club Ski programme are pretty good.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went with Club Ski last year - M Coins had Ken Tannahill as instructor who he thought was pretty good ( http://kenlinda.com ). Others in his group (level 5) chose to have him for another 3 day lesson later on in the hols - and M Coins has booked to have him again this year. And I've booked to have his wife Linda who I met last year but didn't ski with. It'll be interesting to have a woman ski instructor as I've only ever had men - interested to see what the differences are (if any)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

as I've only ever had men - interested to see what the differences are (if any)
if you don't know by now, I'm not going to tell you. wink Enjoy.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd give another vote to Club Ski - I had lessons with Don ONeill last month, and like Cathy, others in my group who were staying longer than I was requested him for another set of lessons. I'm not sure how it compared cost-wise with the other ski schools. The big advantage of Club Ski is that they take you to all three resorts, not just one.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Followed all your advice and did 3 days with club ski and had a fantastic time great instructor named Chris Briasby would recommend it to anyone.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy