Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So who's going skiing this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Me, me!! I am!! (in style of Donkey in Shrek)

We fly out of Manchester Friday morning for a week in Les Orres. I've just checked the webcam & it looks near perfect conditions. I can't wait. I'll be spending my 30th birthday on the slopes. Very Happy snowHead

So who else is off for some much needed/long awaited snow this weekend??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Me me me to Avoriaz!! Top tip on 30th on the piste - make sure you celebrate fully on the night of your birthday and not the night before.... Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be taking the long and winding road up to Alpe d'Huez I should imagine.

Happy 30th Lucie - the best way to spend a birthday!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not quite - we do go to Fernie next weekend for a fotrnight though, and *fingers corssed* my new pocket rockets should arrive before then too Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just booked a couple of days off work .....
I'm going to Kitzbuel tomorrow, skiing Thurs & Fri.
Sat skiing depends on how much I have to drink Fri night with an English group of skiing and boarders. (Should I hold a glass of pims in one hand and a fatty roll up in the other?)
If the snow is really good (and I get Domestic Management permission) then I might stay till Sunday.

Happy 30th Lucie.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm off to Cham on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Happy birthday Lucie....I went to Breckenridge for my 24th birthday in January, its so cool having a birthday at this time of year Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lucie and dolphingirl are giving me ideas for my 30th. Laughing

I'm off next weekend, so anyone skiing this weekend, could you make a few turns for me?

Oh, and happy birthday SB!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 4-03-04 20:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Me! Squealing like a stuck pig (whatever that means!). Up at 3am, Gatwick by 5am (I will be the one shouting at a 4yr old dragging a green case!). We fly at 7am and the snow is awaiting...... snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Off to Val Cenis on Saturday - CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Lucie and Phin are giving me ideas for my 30th. Laughing

Dream on Fox, can you remember your 30th? it was that long ago?? Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fruity, where are you off to?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im going to Pas! I'll be at Gatwick at 5am no doubt in the wrong que for half an hour before realising and stomping off to the correct one

so excited i might just burst!

NehNeh Its my friends 18th when were out there- Will obviously force her to ski with fairy wings and tassles on the day!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Its my friends 18th when were out there- Will obviously force her to ski with fairy wings and tassles on the day!

So, do you mean you're not going to make her dress up more than usual for the day? snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't wait - I'm off to Alpe D'huez on Saturday. The snow's looking okay, but I've been checking the snow reports several times a day in the hope that an unexpected dump is forecast for just before I get there! I'm sooo excited I'm already wondering whether I can get a long weekend in at Easter....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The aim of the game will clearly be humiliation!

At least we dont wear those bloomin "on the piste tour 2004" tshirts
snow report
Now feeling seriously inadequate, so will go to MK on sunday pm and blast the zone for an hour or 2 Sad
snow report
Austin, what time?
Maybe get a crowd of us up there for the first snowHeads gathering
ski holidays
Am off week on Sat, but only to Bulgaria for a cheep extra week away. HOpe its ok, not been before. Taking a friend to teach her to ski. Smile
ski holidays
Sorry. Hi. Am new to snowheads, have come over from SC site.
latest report
Off the top of my head, around 4ish ?

I think they close the slope around 6 for grooming... last time I hit it on a Sunday pm, it was as quiet as I've ever seen the place.
snow report
Hiya RObbie- Bulgaria should be a laugh- ive heard rumours the Vodkas only 30p a shot = excellent, and the skiings not bad either
ski holidays
Thanks for that. Got so many comments just about the rotten food, and nothing else!
ski holidays
Hi Robbie

Glad you found your way over here Exclamation

A ski holiday is a ski holiday, how bad can it be? Cool
latest report
Ahh the foods not that bad- I mean its not classic french cooking etc but who cares- I live off takeaway and supernoodles when im skiing anyway- have a good time!
snow report
Fruity wrote:

Squealing like a stuck pig (whatever that means!).

Fruity, the origin of this phrase is obscure. It may well mean just what it says on the label: a poor pig stuck somewhere (say, half-way through gap in fence) is squealing to get free.
The original phrase seems to be "bleeding like a stuck pig", and refers to how they were killed (in similar manner to Halal): held or hung up by the back feet and their throats "stuck" with a knife.
snow report
now i feel really guilty for having a bacon sandwich Sad
snow conditions
Cheers, Jonpim, just put me off my dinner Sad
ski holidays
I'm off to St Anton for a week on Sunday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lucie wrote:

A ski holiday is a ski holiday, how bad can it be?

Lucie, maybe not bad, but can be not as good as hoped: four of us are flying out to Courmayeur on Thursday night to tackle the Vallee Blanche before we get too old. We have been looking forward to this all year. For the last few weeks the weather has been marvelous: sun and clear blue skies. But now if you look at the weather on http://www.meteo.fr/e_index.html you will Sod's Law in action: rain and clouds arrive Friday morning and no doubt will stay until Sunday afternoon when we return. So it goes....
latest report
There are three things that can prevent a vallee Blanche run, that I can think of (well, three things that have prevented me in the past):

1) Too much snow (avalanche danger)
2) Too little snow (crevasse and ice danger)
3) High winds (the lifts close)

The Val d'Aosta website has a weather report too:

http://www.regione.vda.it/protezione_civile/meteo/default_f.asp

I've been told - and seen - that the weather on both sides of the MB range can be very different. One rule of thumb I was told was that if it snows on one side, it won't be on the other (though I can remember one instance when this was definitely wrong Wink ).

Good luck, I hope the weather holds out. I'm really hoping to do it again myself, sometime - preferrably when there's snow down to Chamonix so I don't have to walk down from the glacier.

Have fun everyone else, too.
snow report
Thanks Skanky: you've cheered me up a bit.
There is one other reason for not doing the Vallee Blanche. David who is organising this trip went to Chamonix 2 years ago to do the run, but when he saw the walk along the ridge at the top, he got back in the cable-car and came back down! Hence he has got us going to Courmayeur this time: no nasty ridge walk.

Apologies to Nadenoodlee and Maggi: didn't mean to ruin your supper.
latest report
Us too! We are off to Courchevel, long weekend, taking friends for their first 'taster'!

Just really praying for the weather...really wanted blue skies for them.

Everywhere I look I seem to get different information...where is the best place for the weather forecasts?
ski holidays
Not going till the 14th March. The wait is getting really unbearable now.

Have a great Birthday Lucie.
ski holidays
going skiing ? It's the weekend, it's winter... are you insane Happy ? Of course I'm going skiing, not sure where though although the local paper had a coupon for a discount round the Gruyere stations
latest report
Off to Meribel, but will be venturing into the other valleys quite a lot I imagine.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Fruity, where are you off to?

Got caught posting actually Foxy! Boss walked in!

We are off to Italy, Passo Tonale, near Madonna with the big boobies or whatever its called.

Flying Saturday, arr at Bergamo at 1050 I think, 2.5 hr transfer so should get equip sorted in the afternoon so no hassle at ski shop with skis on the Sunday.

CANNOT WAIT! Our family looks like that idiot family on the French Disney advert (all up at 3am with their coats on) saying how excited they all are.

Fx
ski holidays
[quote="Nadenoodlee"]Im going to Pas! I'll be at Gatwick at 5am no doubt in the wrong que for half an hour before realising and stomping off to the correct one

See u at Gatwick then, thats our check in time too!!!!

What are we all gonna wear to make it obvious then!!!!!!

Snowheads first proper gettogether at Gatwick!!!!!!
latest report
Fruity and Nadenoodlee,
Over on SCGB site Helena Dillon is posting on the "Best Age for kids to Start"(and in "Off to Italy on 6th March" forum). She is going to Passo Tonale with 4 year old child and hubby. Maybe one of you is Helena. Anyway, I' ve suggested she get in touch with you.
latest report
ise wrote:
going skiing ? It's the weekend, it's winter... are you insane Happy ? Of course I'm going skiing, not sure where though although the local paper had a coupon for a discount round the Gruyere stations

You're not making any friends, you know. Crying or Very sad Very Happy
latest report
Jonpim wrote:
Thanks Skanky: you've cheered me up a bit.
There is one other reason for not doing the Vallee Blanche. David who is organising this trip went to Chamonix 2 years ago to do the run, but when he saw the walk along the ridge at the top, he got back in the cable-car and came back down! Hence he has got us going to Courmayeur this time: no nasty ridge walk.

Tell him a bloke at work and his 8 year old daughter did it from the French side last year. Laughing

I did it from the Italian side years ago. It's much gentler start, but you do find yourself waist deep in snow to start with. When we did it it was definitley *not* powder (well, enough of it wasn't). I fell more in that bit than once we were onto the glacier.

Still, if you bottle out there, there's a nice blue you can ski on Very Happy

(hint: take some cards to play in the lift queue and on the way up. If the weather's nice it can take an age).

Hope it's good and the weather's good. 'Twas the best day's skiing I've ever had (even the walk at the end didn't ruin it). It's memories of that and the review of La Grave on the resorts forum that make me want to learn to do touring (gotta improve my skiing much first).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy