Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do you expect a beginner to learn in week one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
easiski, Ta, that's very clear. I guess wot I got taught was sort of a mixture of old & new!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi, yes, you'll learn more. I don't agree with ponder, and I hope that you do'nt learn any of those things!

Let me ask you a question: do you carve on an alpine board? I have some thoughts about some suggestions I'd like to see you make to the school, depending on your experience and methods on a snowboard.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w - all the classes I have ever been in always moved people up or down as appropriate. I certainly wouldn't object to being moved & in fact normally put myself in a lower class just so that I don't feel I'm holding others back. (Must stop doing that cos it doesn't do me any favours!) But if the instructor suggested I move, either way, I would certainly go. Did you say anything to the instructor about this? After all you paid good money to be taught a certain level of skiing & you weren't getting that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssh,

I don't follow!

Do you want to know what level snowboarder I am?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With reference to side-slipping. I was in Schladming last week with my two sisters - one with just over a week's skiing and the other with 3 weeks. I took them down a red (because it should have been the quickest way back to the town) telling them that they could snowplough/side slip down the difficult bit. The sister with one week's lessons couldn't side slip at all - she insisted on taking off her skis and walking and ended up falling and bruising her coccyx - the other sister side slipped for a bit and then took off her skis (which I carried) and slid down on her bum. I had completely overestimated what they could do. Guess who was voted Miss Unpopular!!! Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, I normally don't find it a problem, but this is because I work with groups of 4 only, and have personal contact by email with all my new clients. Therefore I know what to expect and so do they. It sounds a bit of a shame for you, and I think you should have complained and asked for private instruction or something. After all you had also paid to have lessons.

It's interesting that most of the people had over-estimated themselves - this is pretty common. Many people don't have lessons from about week 2 until about week 6 or 7, when they start to think they're missing something. In the meantime they've tried black runs with green/blue run technique and have honed their faults to an art form!

Better luck next time, but I would suggest a letter to the Ski Company - of course Phil is no longer part of it - maybe that's why?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sue S, I'm sure you didn't mean to do it, but "helpful" friends and relatives are the bane of my life! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, I've learned! It'll never happen again!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, a wizened old instructor once told me "on the slopes, your best friend is your worst enemy". I have a feeling I may have mentioned that on snowHeads before, which probably proves I'm wizened and old.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
laundryman, I'm also getting wizened at an alarming rate - it must run in the blood! Your man called it right.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well i had never done skiing and after the first week i was going down black runs but that was after a week of privat skiing lessons which make all the difference to normal ski school as you learn a lot more in the time as its one to one teaching.i was also lucky to have a really good instructer. my advice to you is gat a privat instructor and you will get further in a week. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy