Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenvre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon,

Just booked a holiday to Montgenevre, would like to know if anyone has been, reviews look good any other info would be appreciated and exactly how hard is it packed there at the moment, going 2nd week in March so it will all change I know.

Cheers
G
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Georgieg, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
One of the best people to ask on this would be Linds, she's just returned from six weeks out there!
I'll PM (personal message) this thread to her - you might get a reply before we go away on Saturday wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Georgieg, Welcome to Snowheads
I last skied in M'genevres on the 15th Jan and although some runs were closed the ones open were in being kept in very good condition. I have some friend coming back from there this weekend so can let have a better update later.
Depending on the snow when you go it is possibly better to ski the back of the resort in the morning then the main side in the afternoon, depending on your level of skiing.
The link to Clavier was officialy closed but I skied it on the 14th Shocked and managed snow/ice/rock and grass skiing to get to Claviere but it was worth it. Long leg burning runs (well they are if you have little legs like me Laughing ) and the restaurants are better over there. Only 2 restaurants on the slopes, one each side, ok but if you eat at lunchtime better to go into the village lots of restraunts/bars at the bottom of the slopes.
Possible to ski to Sauze etc depending on your level of skiing but if the snow is good there should be enough to keep you occupied in M'genevres and Clavier.
Bars rolling eyes La Grall is nice both in the day and in the evening, my local was the Pub Chabertan (sp) at the far end of the village. Milly the landlady makes her own vodka shots (take plenty of neurofen) Shocked Best pizza place below the pub Chabertan. Nightclub called the Blue Nite christened the Blue s**** (cant finish that word) I never ventured in there Little Angel
I am sure you will have a great time, let us know how it went when you come back. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys,

Its looking a bit scare out there snow wise so must now pray to the snow gods and make sacrifices. Have just seen that there is snow predicted for the weekend so lets hope it keeps snowing for a bit, usually does this week in the northern alps, never been this far south before, must admit getting slightly nervous.

Will let you know how we get on. Staying in an airtours/nbv chalet banino Puzzled

The vodka shots sound good, must bring back caramel syrup to do our own if we can - recommend that one.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Georgieg, Welcome to snowheads. I usually have a day or two in Montgenevre in March. I have never found the slopes to be crowded, there are some nice long runs, and there is usually plenty of snow. I can't comment on the town or the nightlife as I have never actually stayed there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Georgieg, if you can pop down to Briancon after skiing. Some nice cafes and a histroic Napoleonic fortress. Also there's a good swimming pool down there too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone know what condition the pistes are in at the moment, iit sounds pretty solid at them moment and I am now officially allowed to star worrying. It seems to have snowed everywhere but over this resort recently can anyone calm my fears of an icy week of sliding?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Georgieg, conditions there are described as hard with some icy patches, only 22 out of 40 lifts open last snow 14th of Feb, 45cm on lower slopes 65 cm on upper slopes, that's about half the normal amount of snow for this time of year.

So in answer to your question it sounds as if your fears Sad might be confirmed I'm afraid Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy