Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for thin footed skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got very long thin feet. My Salomon boots are size 30.5 but no matter how hard I crank the buckles in, I always end up lacking support. After a couple of days, every buckle aroud the foot and ankle is on the last adjustment, and my feet always crave a little more support.

Can anyone recommend another make of boots for an advanced skier with UK size 13 feet that are really narrow?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter B I have a narrow foot, but not long, only tiny. I have Rossignol boots which were recommended as low volume. I think Lange are also.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Likewise,
I've got average ( 10 ) size feet but narrow and Rossignol were by far the best fit of all that I tried Smile
In fact they are as comfortable as my walking boots Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Peter

Rossignols were a norrow lasted boot - but this season they too have changed their last to suit a more mid-to-high volume foot. The only boots in the Rossignol range that are still low volume or narrow are the Salto's - if your looking for a more performing boot then I suggest looking at Lange. Other than that you would be looking at replacing the liner with either a foam or a zip fit.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
While Rossi and Lange traditionally offer a narrower fit than the other manufacturers, they all tend to use progressively lower-volume lasts as you move up the performance level. So if you are currently in lower-intermediate type boots moving up to advanced boots should help the fit (big generalisation there I know).

While the advanced boots will be stiffer you sound like a big fella so your extra body mass/strength will help flex the boot even if the boot itself is geared to the upper reaches of your ability, let's say. Don't buy anything far above your ability level tho, as this will be counter-productive to your overall skiing technique.

As always going for a proper fitting will help. I am in the same situation with my "medium width" Salomon Evo boots: I have the bridge clips as tight as they will go, and can still feel my feet moving around when pushing on, so I am considering trying on a pair of Langes in the very near future. I will let you know how I get on.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter B, Atomic T10's are reputedly narrow front and rear.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks. I've looked at Rossi's but the performance models only go up to size 29 and my feet would only go in if I amputate the ends off my toes!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter B, I had the same problem as you. My feet are also very low volume (ie they look like they've been flattened out with a mallet). I tried the Saltos and the Langes, and the Langes were the closest. In the end I got some Kneissls but they've been discontinued now. As ice perv says (what does being an ice perv involve I wonder?) the closer you get to a race boot, the lower the volume. As a result my boots are probably too stiff for me at the moment as they are closer to a race boot. If I get assertive with them, they work better. Volume reducers may also help.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peter B,

Suggest you give Hamish, the manager at Profeet (0207 384 0603), a quick call & have a chat re your requirements - they're absolutely superb.

Say hi to Beanie.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peter B, when getting my new boots end of last season in Val the Precision guy explained that the Nordicas I had didn't suit my narrow feet, and that virtually all Salomons were unsuitable as well... apart from the one type I ended up buying - can't remember the name, (yellow colour, slightly transparent). If anything I find them too tight at times.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
michael stocking, the ice perv likes skiing on ice! Which makes his friends think he is strange, and a bit perverted.....

Peter B, just bought some Lange boots: they were a bit narrower across the heel than I would like, but the instep and front width were perfect, so I bought them. Just need to get up to MK now to try them out properly.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the ice perv, you are weird...

Glad you got the boots you wanted though - you're going to need all the control you can get on that ice.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not sure if anyone is still watching this thread, but I tried out my new Langes at MK Xscape yesterday....

and they are the business. Calling all skinny feet: get a pair of Langes, get them heat fitted and you will ski like the wind! Whether you can get them in size 13 Peter B, is another matter.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the ice perv, Thanks for the tip. I'm driving along the M62 tomorrow, so will try and pop into EB at Xscape for a good look around. If my feet were any bigger, I could forget about skis as they would be surplus to requirements!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy