Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Birthday celebrations

Poster: A snowHead
Now that SH is almost 1 year old Shocked how, other than a massive round of applause for U and his team, should we celebrate this momentous occasion?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our first birthday is on the 5th Feb, Saturday.

The Chief Smilie Maker is working on a special birthday design.
More news expected over the coming days.

I wonder how many would be interested in birthday celebrations at MK on Saturday night? snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boardski, TVM for the reminder.
admin, can't make MK - bit of a trek from here. But how about an on-line virtual birthday party - similar to the one Helen B 'hosted' just before Xmas ??? That was lots of fun - clocked up 11 pages of amusing posts (IIRC) in no time flat.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some kind of development of what kuwait_ian is suggesting could be interesting. We are now a global community, and Milton Keynes must now be seen to envelope the world (the great sprawling place has already swallowed up many surrounding villages, so it's on its way).

If we physically meet in MK, are we able to link, live to everyone else? Is there an external site that could host a live streaming 'virtual birthday party' with a difference? Maybe Xscape could help out with some computers and sockets?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 30-01-05 21:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The best way to celebrate would be for a further voluntary, no obligation, batch of donations for the upkeep of Snowheads Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
admin, I would love to make it to MK for the birthday, but regretably I will be on my way to Courchevel. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh, so regretably Kramer NehNeh

Like your thinkingPreston Pete Wink

kuwait_ian and subsequently David Goldsmith, this is a very good idea. I think we may have the technology to make it happen too.
The availability of a fairly fast uplink at MK is the critical factor.
After that, it's just whether enough snowHeads want to turn up to make it worth broadcasting!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There do appear to be some wireless hotspots at Xscape in Milton Keynes - not sure if that is fast enough...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, going to have to miss this one - my youngest's 5th birthday, and although it was a close call, her birthday party just pipped snowHeads!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Will have to join the online celebrations, currently housebound! Will open some Desperados and salute you all
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Linds and I will be on our way to the Alps, too.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, or it may be Meribel... not decided yet.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer, NehNeh
Michelle, NehNeh

I did wonder if the motivation to get to Milton Keynes might be reduced by the conditions in the Alps at the moment rolling eyes

Still, we'll leave the idea on the table for a while and see if anyone is up for it snowHead

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 30-01-05 22:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin, well we are snowHeads after all. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin, party sounds great to me. Can't make MK though, too far to get back for Mum's 65th birthday the following day.
ski holidays
Can't make MK....funds are too tight at the mo to spend on a trip to MK (I've got 4 weeks of alpine snow to pay for Shocked ).

I also seem to remember that Xscape have signs up prohibiting photography with out a licence. You may need to sort this in advance, if you are going down the multimedia route.
snow report
Quote:

I also seem to remember that Xscape have signs up prohibiting photography with out a licence.

How do you get a licence? A course of photo lessons, and the ability to perform an 'emergency stop'?
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy