Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to Lech..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
..tomorrow. It looks like it's going to snow all week. I struggle in that flat light - any tips? Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't been but my "where to ski" guide shows a noticable lack of tree runs. Therefore, my best tip would be to wear goggles with a yellow or pink lens (orange would also be better than sunglasses - anything that is not too dark).

Keep relaxed and bend the knees more so that you can deal with any unexpected changes in slope angle. Spend your time concentrating on technique and control rather than speed.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself to cover lots of ground - just chill, find some places that do good hot chocolate, take lots of breaks and don't go hurting yourself if the light gets really bad

I am sure that there will be some breaks in the cloud at some point.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm off there on Sunday and in my research I found a note that if you ski through the trees the authorities get really angry and take your lift pass off you.

Er . . . too quick off the mark > runs through the trees.

One of the 'cheats' is to broadly follow someone else, not too close etc. That way you can see what you're coming up to by watching them. Skiing runs you've skied in better conditions and got a mental picture of also helps.

At least when the sun finally comes out you'll feel like you're Hermann Maier or whatever the female equivalent is (?)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing/boarding over young trees is forbidden.
This is clearly marked with a sign "Es Ihr Wald auch" & in English "Its also your wood". Where previous Avalanches/Acid Rain has destroyed trees the authorities are trying to protect the new young trees. Once regrown they help form a natural protection from Avalanches to communities in the valleys.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On Sunday my other half and I have a full day's private lesson. I'm just getting over the flu and feel like cr~p. Scooby snacks will be in order I think! Anyone any better remedies for getting the old energy back?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cans of Red Bull and chocolate bars. I've been having the same problem on and off since Christmass. I feel basically fine but I'm aware my energy levels aren't as high as normal.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In flat light concentrate on two things, your posture, and keeping your speed up. If you get your posture correct you can react to any bumps on the piste without thinking about it. Keeping your speed up is also important, because when you ski more slowly you use more energy and make harder work of coming down the slope.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably to late to be of any use but in flat light taking lessons is a great idea. Following the instructor gives you knowledge of the terrain, bearings and hopefully an improved technique to cope with it.
Failing this there are a few tree lined runs above Lech .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy