Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How Much is a Taxi from Bourg St.Maurice to Tignes...?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any ideas how much a taxi from Bourg St.Maurice station to Tignes or Val D'Isere costs...? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beat me on this one but it is 18 miles to Tignes and a a few more to Val D'Isere so it shouldn't be too expensive. Never uses one before and I doubt if the locals like PG or Flying squirrel will pay a taxi to go there. I think there should be bus services unless it is very late at night. Remember the train stops at Bourg and it is natural to expect a bus link between Boug and Tignes/Val D. In Winter Tignes/Val D is a dead end. Many just hitchhike.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a indeed a bus station right outside the train station - we pased it on the transfer a couple of weeks back.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thinking about it, that might have been moutiers, though Embarassed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all,

just found a website that does transfers from the station, www.autocars-martin.com, its quite reasonable aswell.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bullet, please excuse the lack of welcome from the other posters. Shocked

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bullet, welcome to snowheads. I've not done the train, but I've holidayed with folk who have. They seem to spend no more than £25 getting from La Plagne to Bourg, so maybe a little bit more to Tignes? Say £40 one way?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the welcome

I just had a very laughable e-mail from a taxi company in that area offering me a quote, from the station to Tignes and the return pick up. 284 EUROS......!!!

What's French for "Last Shower"...?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aarthur Taxis cost 75 euros (in either direction). See http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/aarthur.htm
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That hasn't changed much in the last year. I used one both ways Dec 03 and it was exactly that and that was from one of the taxis that abound outside the station. IMO worth the extra cost just to get on dem slopes quicker and in comfort snowHead

And welcome to snowHeads bullet snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Regarding Autocars Martin, if you book on the 0800 BSM - Tignes bus but miss it as your 0746 arrival train is slightly late, is your ticket valid on the next bus (1145 - gulp, much later!)? Anyone have any experience of Autocars Martin?

Is there any other bus service up to Tignes on Friday?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pete, Autocars Martin is the bus service for the Haute Tarentaise. When are you going? I haven't heard whether the line has been completely cleared yet, last week SNCF were bussing passengers from BSM to Moutiers, if that's still the case then the time-table will be disrupted. Try their website www.autocars-martin.com for more information.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Autocars Martin's website isn't working too well in English at the moment, and the link there to SNCF is also down due to SNCF website maintenance. We (2) are travelling overnight on Thursday, arriving Friday, 0746 supposedly.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used ATS recently to go from Val d'Isere to Geneva and that cost 75 euros and that's SLIGHTLY further than BSM. Perhaps it might be worth giving them a try. I know what they do is pick ups from airports but they may have some info "on the ground" as it were. Try A-T-S.net
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On Friday, the line was open through to Bourg St Maurice. Autocars Martin has ticket counters in the station so getting up to Tignes is no problem - no need to book when it's quiet.
ski holidays
Looking to book a taxi or bus from Bourg St. Maurice to Tignes on Feb 19th. Is this something we have to do in advance? Tried to book the bus but website is rejecting credit card. Happy to book a taxi- but not sure where to go.
snow conditions
@amargolis, This thread is from 2005 so I guess is quite out of date.
ski holidays
@amargolis,
Try asking on this thread:-
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156661&start=440
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy