Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from Madonna Di Campignio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Returned from a four day break (three days skiing - Sat, Sun and Mon) in Madonna and thought I would let you know my thoughts.

Firstly Ryanair and the baggage allowance / check in. I am pleased to report that there was no problem here - although they were strict on the 15kg per person. There was four of us in our group and they allowed us to pool our limits together…meaning we could have as many bags as we wanted as long as it did not come to more than 60kg.

Boot bags were allowed as hand luggage and were not weighed…so if you are checking them in as baggage but find yourself over the weight limits set just take them on board with you.

I hired a car through Hertz which was fine - although the driving on the twisty Italian roads leading up to the resort was something of an eye opener. Overtaking on blind corner whilst driving a 1 litre fiat panda seems to be the norm !!

The resort turned out to be excellent, with good skiing on some great slopes. We were a little sceptical on the Friday night before our first day on the slopes. We hadn't seen that many of the pistes and we knew there was a lack of snow but the piste bashers and snow cannons had worked well and all the runs, although hard, were not icy.

The snow wasn't great - but all the slopes were covered and you could ski with real confidence. We all came away saying how impressed we were with the conditions considering the lack of recent snow.

As for the runs themselves - some of them are great fun and if planned you can go for nearly 5 miles without stopping. There is a limited amount of blacks but if you like a challenge then, and I can't remember the name of it, try the black at the top of the main lift in Madonna. Your know the one when you see it - warning sign that it is for experts only !! Its great fun until the last 300 metres….turning onto a mountain track you are greeted by lots of people shaking their heads as they realise why it is called an expert piste. A sheer drop down which looks near on impossible. I had 2 attempts - the first successful the second not so !! Slipped on my first turn and slid down like superman the whole way !!!

You can buy a pass that allows you into the surrounding villages - most of which are linked with quick lifts allowing good skiing. In my opinion there is enough for a week…mainly reds and blues with a few blacks.

Quick recommendation on the hotel we used - Hotel Gianna. Fantastic and highly recommended. Beautiful health facilities including a pool, sauna, steam and Jacuzzi all included in the price and brilliant attention to detail. Not that cheap but worth the money.

Finally - just want to say thanks to everyone who answered my questions before the trip (snow chains and baggage) and to say that I am off again in March so might be back to ask more questions about other resorts (considering Lech ??)

Thanks again !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah yes, the black that comes down under the Spinale lift. I've been tp MdeC four times and this is the first year it's been open - great fun! And you can bail out before the track bit as there's a lift 2/3 way down (the bottom bit is often closed when the top section is open).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy