Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scream Hot?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, off to Alpe D'Huez on Saturday so my working days are spent on here & webcam sites with the occasional trip to the ski shop between coffee breaks.

I was intending to replace my battered Bandit XX's (191s) this season and my friendly local shop has some 185 Scream Hot Pilots (last seasons model which I think was left unchanged) which he assures me would be perfect for a big lump (6'2" 16 stoner) who spends most of his time on piste with the occasional foray into the soft stuff. Anyone have any thoughts on these? he wants £400 for em. I was thinking of B2's but he reckons these are far more appropriate! Should I just be patient & try a few pairs when I get out there?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not tried B2s, but have tried B1s - didn;t get on with them personally, see brief review here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954

I tried the scream hot in Fernie last year and personally would much prefer it to the Rossignols. However, that's only my opinion and I'm only a little chap.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whereas I tried the Scream Hot Pilot 10 and B2 back to back at Castleford snow dome, and prefer the B2.

It really is a case of trying them out and seeing what ski suits your style best. With a cynical thought, B2's have flown out of retailers doors for the last two years, so he could be keen to shift the Screams. If that's the case you may be able to get a better deal on them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick Dawes wrote:
Hi all, off to Alpe D'Huez on Saturday so my working days are spent on here & webcam sites with the occasional trip to the ski shop between coffee breaks.

I was intending to replace my battered Bandit XX's (191s) this season and my friendly local shop has some 185 Scream Hot Pilots (last seasons model which I think was left unchanged) which he assures me would be perfect for a big lump (6'2" 16 stoner) who spends most of his time on piste with the occasional foray into the soft stuff. Anyone have any thoughts on these? he wants £400 for em. I was thinking of B2's but he reckons these are far more appropriate! Should I just be patient & try a few pairs when I get out there?

I'd go for the Screams without hesitation - I was on a ski-testing week last year, tried maybe a couple of dozen different skis (including Rossignols) and the Screams were head and shoulders above pretty much everything else. I was on 175s not 185s, but then again I'm only a paltry 13 stoner!

Obviously it's down to opinion, but they felt great to me, very nice in the soft stuff - put it this way, if I had the spare cash I'd be on them next week in Tignes instead of my dear old Volkls...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick Dawes, if you're thinking of B1 or B2 and have a decathlon store nearby....check out what they have. The Sheffield store currently has B1 with Axium 200 bindings for £285 abd B2 with Axium 300 binding for £379.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick, I've been riding Scream Hots for the past two seasons (approx 30 days on snow so far) and absolutely love them. I've been lucky enough to ski them in pretty much every sort of snow and terrain imaginable and they are a really versatile ski. Mine are 175s but I'm about 5'10 and 13st, so 185 sounds about right for you.

I go off piste whenever I can and the Screams work very well for me there, but they work really well on-piste too. Actually my only reservation is that they're just so stable and predictable carving and going edge-to-edge that I sometimes can't resist some insane speeds on deserted runs. Twisted Evil

If you enjoy your occasional forays off-piste, you will probably find the Scream luring you off a lot more often as it's wide enough to float well in the soft and is very good at cutting through the chopped up stuff (keep your speed up and your weight well balanced). On piste it carves and transitions very smoothly but does need to be edged and pressured properly - quite a technical ski (compared to a Carver anyway), but very rewarding because of that.

There is an old thread about Salomon Screams at j2ski from when I first got them. Apart from the above, the only other thing I'd add is that I'll be keeping mine until they wear out!

If you can get a deal on them, go for it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
J2Dave, Cheers thats really helpful feedback. I have to say I am now sorely tempted! need to decide by close of play today so I can pick them up tomorrow - off Friday night!! I'll try & get em under £400.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy