Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I've bought some skis...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
at long last, after only 25 years of skiing, I've finally bitten the bullet in St Anton last week and bought myself a pair of skis. They're a pair of Rossignol Bandit B2s 176cm with Salomon 912ti bindings, and Scott composite poles. Although I've been skiing on B2s for the last season, I demoed them back to back with some K2 Apache Recons (although the only size that they had available were 163s0, which I had heard were good, but didn't like as much as the Bandits. So anyway I gritted my teeth and handed over 750 euros (£525) for the lot, including one free service at the end of the week.

On the down side, it's an awful lot of money (although looking around, I think that the price was competitive), on the plus side it does mean the quality of the skis that I'm using are a lot better. Also the Saturday evening/ Sunday morning hire shop scrum is a thing of the past for me.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
... and you can take them out and look at them from time to time..........
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, well done! But U currently has 6 pairs - so you have some catching up to do! snowHead

How was St Anton? Would you like to write a lovely report? (see http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047 )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian Hopkinson, I thought that he only had five pairs now. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
U may scoff... but have U bought a ski-lock yet? NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer, I'm a simple chap - for skis my counting goes 1, 2, 6 (where 6 equals any number bigger than 2) wink

Thanks for the report on St Anton, I will add it to my index.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
u brain, I have bought one, and I'm also slowly getting used to the feeling of apres ski, lunchtime, and baggage carousel paranoia.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interesting. The clear price advantage over the UK seems to have [url=http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/700311||@cSkis@bRossignol|0|user||6|]gone[/url] then. Different bindings in the link, and no poles, of course. I thought they were about £500 (inc bindings) at the Castleford EB. From what I could tell at Castleford, a really good ski. Am hoping to hire them next week Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Decathlon still have them (limited choice of length) for £379 (Axium 300 bindings)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They had trouble finding some 176s for me. They had the other three lengths in stock in all their shops, they had to go looking for the 176s.

Nick Zotov, they are a nice ski, great over the majority of terrain. If you get the chance, demo them back to back with K2 Apache recons, see what you think.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd agree that they're a good ski .. I've skiied on them for the last two hols and they're the only piece of sports equipment that I've ever bought that has ever improved my performance / confidence in a sport .. pity I can't bring myself to buy a pair. Good luck on them. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer, I'm trying not to get back into buying skis again. Because: the domestic Ways and Means Committee is notoriously sceptical, what may be new next year, transport hassle, worry re theft, not using them because it's rocky when I arrive at resort. But I do hanker. Anyway, pig ignorant about bindings these days. So what's the difference between Salomon 912ti and Axium 300. Not that I am buying.. not even thinking of it...quite sane.... really..........................
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've no idea what the differences between the 300s and the 912tis are, I just went with what the guy in the shop told me. As I ski with a DIN of about 8-9 at the moment, he suggested that having something with a higher DIN range would suit me better and that I would be less likely to run into problems with them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer, thanks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy